Daily Current Affairs 2 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. PM-KISAN scheme
- The Government has extended the Rs 6000 per year PM-KISAN scheme to all farmers.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi is an initiative by the government of India in which 120 million small and marginal farmers who have less than 2 hectares of landholding will get up to Rs 6000 per year as minimum income support.
- The initiative was announced by Piyush Goyal during the 2019 Interim Union Budget of India on 1 February 2019.
2. Telangana Foundation Day
- Telangana is 29th state of India, which came into being on June 2nd 2014 from Andhra Pradesh.
- Capital : Hyderabad || Total Districts : 33 || Official Languages : Telugu, Urdu || Chief Minister : K Chandrasekhar Rao
3. Status of ‘legal person or entity’ to animals
- Punjab and Haryana High Court has accorded the status of all animals in Haryana as the ‘legal person or entity’.
- Uttarakhand High Court also had passed a similar order to protect and promote greater welfare of animals.
1. World’s Southernmost City
- Puerto Williams has been upgraded to the category of ‘city’ by Chilean Government.
- Puerto Williams is a town on Navarino Island in the Beagle Channel in Chile’s far south. Part of the Tierra del Fuego archipelago.
- Chile :- President: Sebastián Piñera || Capital: Santiago || Currency: Chilean peso
2. Global Day of Parents
- The Global Day of Parents is observed on 1st June every year.
- Theme :- ‘Honor Your Parents!’.
- Acknowledge the love, commitment and selfless efforts of parents across the world.
3. World Milk Day
- World Milk Day is an international day established by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to recognize the importance of milk as a global food. It has been observed on June 1 each year since 2001.
- Theme :- ‘Drink Milk: Today & Everyday’.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate arguments and debate policy.
1. Financial Literacy Week
- RBI will observe Financial Literacy Week across the country from 3rd to 7th June 2019.
- Theme :- ‘Farmers and how they benefit by being a part of the formal banking system’.
2. James Webb Space Telescope
- James Webb Space Telescope has successfully passed final thermal vacuum test
- The James Webb Space Telescope is a space telescope that is planned to be the successor to the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Launch date: 30 March 2021
3. National Educational Policy (NEP)
- Dr.Kasturirangan Committee has submitted the drafted National Educational Policy to HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
- Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan is an Indian space scientist who headed the Indian Space Research Organisation from 1994 to 2003. He is presently Chancellor of Central University of Rajasthan.
- He is the former chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University and the chairman of Karnataka Knowledge Commission.
1. José Antonio Reyes passes away
- Spain forward José Antonio Reyes has passed away.
- José Antonio Reyes Calderón was a Spanish professional footballer who played mainly as a left winger but also as a forward.
2. UEFA Champions League
- Winner :- Liverpool FC
- Runner-Up :- Tottenham Hotspur
- Top Scorer :- Lionel Messi with 12 Goals.