Daily Current Affairs 2 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Restaurant On Wheels’ by Indian Railway
- Indian Railways has launched its first ‘Restaurant on Wheels’ at the circulating area of Asansol railway station, West Bengal.
- Minister of Ministry of Railways: Piyush Goyal.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has launched ‘SuposhitMaaAbhiyan’ in his constituency Kota, Rajasthan.
- Aim: To provide nutritional support to pregnant women and adolescent girls.
3. Adarsh Mukhya Mantri Puraskar
- The BhartiyaChhatraSansad has conferred ‘Adarsh Mukhya Mantri Puraskar’ upon Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh.
- It was given for his path breaking initiatives to ensure good governance and holistic development in the state.
4. ICAR with Patanjali
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has inked a pact with Patanjali for farm research and training purpose.
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is an autonomous body responsible for co-ordinating agricultural education and research in India. It reports to the Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture. The Union Minister of Agriculture serves as its president.
- PatanjaliAyurved Limited is an Indian consumer goods company. Manufacturing units and headquarters are located in the industrial area of Haridwar, Uttarakhand while the registered office is located at Delhi. The company manufactures mineral and herbal products.
1. Asian Development Bank’s Aid to combat Covid-19
- USD 4 million is sanctioned by Asian Development Bank to member countries to combat the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- President of ADB: MasatsuguAsakawa || Formation of ADB: 19 December 1966 || Headquarters of ADB: Manila, Philippines || Membership of ADB: 68 countries.
2. Indian and Japan for Mission Purvodaya
- India will partner with Japan in Mission Purvodaya in Kalinganagar, Odisha.
- Mission Purvodaya in steel sector envisions to create an integrated steel hub in Eastern India.
- Capital: Tokyo || Currency: Japanese yen
3. World Productivity Congress
- The 19th edition of World Productivity Congress (WPC) will be held on May 6 to May 8, 2020 in Bangalore.
- Theme: ‘Industry 4.0 – Innovation and Productivity’.
1. MR Kumar committee by IRDAI
- IRDAI has set-up panel, led by MR Kumar, Chairman, LIC, to examine whether life insurers can offer indemnity-based health policies.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- Website: irdai.gov.in || Founded: 1999 || Sector: Insurance || Headquarters: Hyderabad || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
2. ACREX India 2020
- Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers has organized ‘ACREX India 2020’ at India Expo Mart Limited, Greater Noida.
- The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE), was founded in 1981 at New Delhi by a group of eminent HVAC&R professionals.
3. New CEO of Nokia
- PekkaLundmark has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer and President of Nokia.
- Nokia Corporation is a Finnish multinational telecommunications, information technology, and consumer electronics company, founded in 1865. Nokia’s headquarters are in Espoo, in the greater Helsinki metropolitan area.
- Headquarters: Espoo, Finland
1. Balbir Singh Kullar passes away
- Former India hockey player Balbir Singh Kullar has passed away.
- SardarBalbir Singh Kullar was an Indian field hockey player and a Punjab Police officer. Alternative spellings of his last name include Khullar. Balbir Singh was born in the Sansarpur village of the Jalandhar district.
2. Indian chess Grand Master Koneru Humpy
- Women’s World Rapid Chess Champion and Indian chess Grand Master Koneru Humpy has ranked World No.2.
- Humpy Koneru is an Indian chess grandmaster and current World Rapid Chess Champion. In October 2007, she became the second female player, after JuditPolgár, to exceed the 2600 Elo rating mark, being rated 2606.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,2 March