Daily Current Affairs 2 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Tawang Festival 2019
- The 7th edition of Tawang Festival 2019 commenced in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Arunachal Pradesh: Capital: Itanagar || Governor: BD Mishra || Chief Minister: Pema Khandu
2. Book ‘The Unquiet River: A biography of the Brahmaputra’
- Book ‘The Unquiet River: A biography of the Brahmaputra’ is authored by historian Arupjyoti Saikia.
- It portrays the landscape of Assam valley and the livelihoods around, that shaped Brahmaputra.
3. Indian brain atlas
- Researchers from the Indian Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad have created the first-ever ‘Indian brain atlas’(IBA).
- It will help in early diagnosis of Alzheimer’s and other brain-related ailments.
4. Deputy National Security Advisor
- Maharashtra DGP Datta Padsalgikar has been appointed as Deputy National Security Advisor.
- He is a senior Indian IPS officer of Maharashtra Cadre, who was, on 30 June 2018, named as the new Director General of Police of Maharashtra and has succeeded Satish Mathur who retired.
- The National Security Advisor is the senior official on the National Security Council of India, and the chief adviser to the Prime Minister of India on national security policy and international affairs.
- Ajit Doval is the current NSA, and uniquely has the same stature as a minister on the union cabinet.
1. Sadako Ogata passes away
- First female UN refugee chief Sadako Ogata passed away.
- She was a Japanese academic, diplomat, author, administrator, and professor emeritus at Sophia University.
- She served as the Chief of the UN refugees from 1991-2000.
2. Indian Ambassador to UAE
- Pavan Kapoor took charge as the new Indian Ambassador to UAE.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
3. Creative City by UNESCO
- Hyderabad has been selected as a ‘Creative City’ in gastronomy category by the UNESCO.
- Mumbai has been selected as a ‘Creative City’ for its contribution to the world of films.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations based in Paris, France.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || Head: Audrey Azoulay || Founded: 16 November 1945, London, United Kingdom
4. Human Milk Bank
- India will adopt Brazil model of Human Milk Bank.
- Government of India has set a target of ensuring at least 70% infants to have access to breast milk by year 2025.
- A human milk bank is a service which collects, screens, processes, and dispenses by prescription human milk donated by nursing mothers who are not biologically related to the recipient infant.
- Brazil has an extensive network of 217 milk banks, and is considered to have the most cost efficient system of milk banking in the world.
- Since the inception of the first milk bank in 1985, the infant mortality rate in Brazil has dropped 73% due, in part, to the popularization of milk banks.
1. Uber Money
- Uber will launch ‘Uber Money’ in 2020 to support both Uber riders and drivers.
- It would be based on Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and will give drivers direct access to their money.
- CEO: Dara Khosrowshahi
2. New Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency
- Argentina’s Rafael Mariano Grossi has been elected as the new Director-General of International Atomic Energy Agency replacing Yukiya Amano.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency is an international organization that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and to inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons.
- The IAEA was established as an autonomous organisation on 29 July 1957.
- Headquarters IAEA: Vienna, Austria || Membership: 171 Member States.
3. Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank
- RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 35 lakh on Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank for violating norms on fraud classification and notification.
- Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank Limited is a bank headquartered at Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu, India. TMB was founded in 1921 as the Nadar Bank, but changed its name to Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank in November 1962 to widen its appeal beyond the Nadar community.
- Headquarters location: Thoothukudi || CEO: K V Rama Moorthy || Founded: 11 May 1921
4. Financial Times Masters in Management Rankings 2019
- 1. University of St Gallen, Switzerland
- 2. HEC Paris, France
- 3. London Business School, UK
- IIM Calcutta has secured the 17th rank globally in the ‘Financial Times Masters in Management Rankings 2019’.
- IIM Ahmedabad is at 21st.
- IIM Bangalore is at 44th.
1. The oldest living Test cricketer
- Eileen Ash is a former English cricketer who played seven Test matches for England between 1937 and 1949.
- She is the oldest living international cricketer.
2. Copa Libertadores 2019
- The 2019 Copa Libertadores Final is the final match to decide the winner of the 2019 Copa Libertadores, the 60th edition of the Copa Libertadores, South America’s premier international club football tournament organized by CONMEBOL.
- The final will be contested in a single match format between Brazilian team Flamengo and Argentinian team River Plate, at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago, Chile on 23 November 2019.
- Copa Libertadores de América, is an annual international club football competition organized by CONMEBOL since 1960. It is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world and the most prestigious club competition in South American football.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30