Daily Current Affairs 2 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Mahatma Lives/Bapu Zinda Hain
- UNESCO and Doordarshan has joined hands for TV show on Gandhi’s 150th anniversary.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations based in Paris, France.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || Head: Audrey Azoulay || Founded: 16 November 1945, London, United Kingdom || Formation: 4 November 1946; 72 years ago
2. Gandhi Film Festival
- Films Division of India with India Tourism will organise Gandhi Film Festival at JB Hall in Mumbai from 2nd to 6th October.
- Films Division of India commonly referred as Films Division was established in 1948 soon after independence of India.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 1948, Mumbai || Parent organization: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting || Jurisdiction: India
3. NitiAayog’s School Education Quality Index
- Kerala has topped NitiAayog’s School Education Quality Index.
- Uttar Pradesh was ranked at the bottom of the list.
- Chandigarh has topped the list of Union Territories.
- Manipur has emerged as the best performer state.
5. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prizes 2019
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology is one of the highest multidisciplinary science awards in India.
- It was instituted in 1958 by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research in honor of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar, its founder director and recognizes excellence in scientific research in India.
- President Kovind has presented the 2019 Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prizes.
1. International Conference on Sindh
- World Sindhi Congress has hosted the 31st edition of international conference on Sindh in London.
- World Sindhi Congress is a human rights education and advocacy organizations for Sindh. WSC is a registered company in England and Wales and in the US, organized to carry out non-profit activities.
- Founded: 1988 || Type of business: Non-profit organisation
2. Exercise KAZIND 2019
- The 4th Edition of Joint Military Exercise KAZIND-2019 between India and Kazakhstan will be conducted at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
- Kazakhstan, a Central Asian country and former Soviet republic, extends from the Caspian Sea in the west to the Altai Mountains at its eastern border with China and Russia.
- Kazakhstan: President: Kassym-Jomart Tokayev || Capital: Nur-Sultan || Currency: Kazakhstani tenge
3. International Conference MASCRADE 2019
- The 6th edition of International Conference Mascrade 2019 was held in New Delhi.
- Mascrade means ‘Movement Against Smuggling and Counterfeit Trade’.
- Theme: ‘Containing Counterfeiting, Smuggling and Piracy: A Winning Strategy’.
4. International Day of Non-Violence
- The International Day of Non-Violence is an international day observed on 2 October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Date: Wednesday, 2 October, 2019 || Observed by: All UN Member States
5. ‘Vaccine Hero’ award
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been conferred with ‘Vaccine Hero’ award of Global Alliance for Vaccination and Immunisations.
- The GAVI Alliance (formerly the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation) is a global health partnership of public and private sector organizations dedicated to “immunisation for all”.
1. Paytm with Aegon Life Insurance
- Aegon Life Insurance has joined hands with Paytm for a Corporate Agency tie up to offer comprehensive life insurance solutions.
- Paytm is an Indian e-commerce payment system and financial technology company, based out of Noida, India.
- Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma || Founded: August 2010 || Headquarters location: Noida || Parent organization: One97 Communications
2. Principal Director General of Press Information Bureau
- KS Dhatwalia, has been appointed as the Principal Director General of Press Information Bureau.
- The Press Information Bureau, commonly abbreviated as PIB is a nodal agency of the Government of India. Based in National Media Centre, New Delhi.
- Press Information Bureau disseminates information to the print, electronic and new media on government plans, policies, programme initiatives and achievements. The PIB is also the Government’s nodal agency to facilitate private media.
3. Walmart to invest in NinjaCart
- US retailing giant Walmart has committed to investing close to $50 million in fresh fruit and vegetable supply chain startup NinjaCart.
- Walmart Inc. is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores, headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas. The company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969.
- Owner: Walton family (51%) || CEO: Doug McMillon
- Ninjacart is India’s largest B2B Fresh Produce Supply Chain Company
4. SBI in Victoria State of Australia
- State Bank of India has opened its Melbourne office.
- It has become the first Indian bank to have a branch in the Australian state of Victoria.
- The State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body. It is a government corporation statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SBI is ranked as 216th in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations of 2018.
1. Fencer CA Bhavani Devi
- Indian fencer CA Bhavani Devi has won silver medal in women’s sabre individual category in Tournoi satellite competition in Belgium.
- Belgium Capital: Brussels
2. Documentary on Real Kashmir FC
- A documentary on Srinagar-based football club Real Kashmir FC has been nominated in BAFTA Awards.
- Real Kashmir Football Club is an Indian professional football club based in Srinagar. The club has competed as a member of I-League under license from All India Football Federation. Jammu and Kashmir, Real Kashmir is the first team from Kashmir to compete in I-League, the first division of football in India.
- The British Academy of Film and Television Arts or BAFTA Film Awards are presented in an annual award show hosted by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts to honour the best British and international contributions to film.
3. 2019–20 Indian Super League season
- The 2019–20 Indian Super League season will be the sixth season of the Indian football league, one of the top Indian professional football leagues, since its establishment in 2013. The regular season will begin on 20 October 2019 and conclude in March 2020.
- Hyderabad FC replaced FC Pune City in 2019 and will debut in the 2019–20 Indian Super League season.
- Delhi Dynamos moved to Bhubaneshwar and rebranded as Odisha FC.
- Bengaluru FC are the defending champions, who won their first Indian Super League title by defeating FC Goa 1–0 in the final.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,2 October