Daily Current Affairs 2 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Mangaluru airport named India’s cleanest airport
- This was as per a survey conducted across 53 airports in the country.
- The award was received by Mangaluru International Airport Director VV Rao.
2. Centre files review petition on SC Judgement on SC/ST Act
- Last month, the court had removed the provision of immediate arrest upon filing of an FIR under the act.
- Both ruling party MPs and opposition party MPs had sought intervention in the matter.
3. Delhi becomes 1st city to switch to cleaner petrol, diesel
- Delhi has upgraded to “ultra-clean” Euro-VI grade petrol and diesel from Euro –IV grade.
- It is expected to combat air pollution by reducing sulphur emissions by around 80% .
1.Carlos Alvarado Quesada set to be next Costa Rica President
- Costa Rica’s ruling-party presidential candidate Carlos Alvarado Quesada is all set to be the country’s next leader, according to preliminary poll results posted by electoral officials.
- The presidential election in Costa Rica had become consumed by social issues in recent weeks.
2. Syria takes control of rebel-held eastern Ghouta
- This comes after the Syrian Army and the Russian forces carried out a month-long air strikes to liberate the region.
- More than 1500 civilians are estimated to have been killed in the air strikes.
3. UK should cut 50 more envoys : Russia amid spy poisoning row
- Russia earlier expelled 23 UK diplomats in a tit-for-tat move over its expulsion of diplomats.
- Over 100 Russian diplomats have been expelled by the US and other EU nations.
1. E-way bill must for inter-state movement of goods
- Transporters carrying goods worth more than Rs.50,000 will have to carry e-way bill.
- The system is being implemented primarily to curb tax evasion and boost revenues.
2.India is now the world’s No 1 almond importer
3. LED lights installed at all railway stations within deadline
1.John Isner beats Alexander Zverev to win Miami Open title
- John Isner claimed the biggest title of his 14-year career as he defeated Alexander Zverev in an absorbing Miami Open final.
- Isner followed Sloane Stephens’ victory in Women’s Singles to give the United States their first clean sweep at Key Biscayne since 2004.
2. Nadal becomes world no.1 again
- Spain’s Rafael Nadal has dethroned Federer to become world no.1 again.
- The 16time Grand Slam Champion has been inside the top 10 since April 2005.