Daily Current Affairs 2 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. I-T department raids Karnataka Energy Minister hosting Gujarat MLAs.
- The I-T department has raided Karnataka Energy Minister DK Shivakumar’s properties and seized Rs.7.5 crore cash from Delhi home.
- Shivakumar was reportedly in-charge for hosting MLAs who flew from Gujarat to Bengaluru resort amid defections of Rajya Sabha election and state polls later this year.
2. SC convicts ex-UP Chief Secretary Neera Yadav in Noida land allotment scam
- The Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld conviction of former UP chief Secretary Neera Yadav and former IAS officer Rajiv Kumar in Noida land allotment scam that took place between 1993-95.
- A bench of Justices Kurian Joseph and R Banumathi upheld Allahabad HC order convicting them in the corruption case but reduced the quantum of sentence of three years awarded by HC to two years.
3. Former union minister Santosh Mohan Dev passes away
- Former union minister Santosh Mohan Dev today passed away at his home town Silchar in Assam following kidney and other ailments at the age of 83.
- The Congress veteran was heavy industry minister in the UPA-I government led by former prime minister Manmohan Singh.
4. India, Russia sign 3 contracts on Kudankulam
- India and Russia have signed contracts for priority design works and supply of main equipment for units 5 and 6 of the Kudankulam nuclear power plant in Tamil Nadu
- Three main contracts were signed yesterday between state-owned Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL) and Russia’s JSC Atomstroyexport .
1. China to India: Pull back troops to end stand-off.
- Latest statement from Chinese foreign ministry signaled that India may not only have to scale down its forces in Doklam, but New Delhi must pull back all its troops to end the military standoff in the area.
- India may not only have to scale down its forces in Doklam, but New Delhi must pull back all its troops to end the military standoff in the area.
2. China formally opens 1st overseas military base in Djibouti.
- China formally opened its first overseas military base in Africa’s Djibouti.
- China began constructing a logistics base in Djibouti last year and it will use to resupply naval ships taking part in peacekeeping and humanitarian missions off the coasts of Yemen and Somalia.
- Interestingly Djibouti already has US, Japna and French military bases in operation.
3.US to export coal to Ukraine to reduce Russian dependence.
- The US will export coal to Ukraine in a deal intended to reduce its dependence on Russia.
- earlier Ukraine’s domestic thermal coal supply had collapsed since it cut off deliveries from the separatist controlled regions of the country.
4.World breast feeding week being observed from 1st August to 7th August.
- World breast feeding day is being celebrated from 1st August2017 to 7th August2017. Theme of week is “Sustaining Breastfeeding Together”.
- It was first celebrated in 1992 by world Alliance and is now observed in over 120 countries by United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF).
1. India becomes Honda’s largest 2-wheeler manufacturing base.
- Japanese auto major Honda confirmed that India has become its biggest global production hub for two-wheelers with the commissioning of a fourth assembly line at the Narsapura plant of Indian arm.
- In 2016-17, India alone contributed 28 per cent to Honda’s global two-wheeler sales and became the number one contributor to Honda’s two-wheeler business.
2. HPCL fuel stations to act as banking points for Airtel Payments bank .
- Airtel Payment bank has partnered with HPCL to boost the digital payments in country and to add to customer convenience.
- With this partnership all 14,000 fuel stations of HPCL will act as banking point for Airtel Payment bank, India’s first Payment bank.
3. Apple Inc asks GOI to extend tax breaks for suppliers.
- Apple Inc has asked the Indian government to extend tax breaks to its suppliers if India seeks to become a manufacturing hub for iPhones and its components.
- Earlier CEO Tim Cook and Prime Minister Narendra Modi agreed to set up a production base in the country that goes beyond just assembling the devices, as it happens at the moment.
- Notably, Customs duties have already been slashed in order to make India a hub for handset assembly lines.
4. L&T bags Mauritius metro project.
- After bagging Riyadh and Doha metro, engineering and construction major Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has bagged ₹ 3,375-crore order from Mauritius government-led Metro Express Limited.
- The 26-km route will connect Curepipe to Immigration Square in Port Louis and will feature 19 stations, two of which will be elevated stations.
1. Pranoy kashyap enters pre-quarter of New Zealand Open.
- H.S. Prannoy and Parupalli Kashyap continued their good run, reaching the pre-quarterfinals with straight-game wins in the men’s singles competition of the New Zealand Grand Prix Gold
- Prannoy will meet 10th seed Hong Kong’s Wei Nan, while 15th seeded Kashyap will face compatriot and seventh seed Sourabh Verma.
2. Los Angeles to host 2028 Games, Paris gets 2024.
- Los Angeles reached an agreement with the leaders of the IOC(International Olympic Committee) on plans to host 2028 summer Games.
- This has cleared the way of Paris to host 2024 Summer Olympic Games .
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30