Daily Current Affairs 2 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Swachh Bharat Summer Internship-100 hours of Swachhta
- Swachh Bharat Summer Internship-100 hours of Swachhta programme was introduced by Government for the students of Higher Education Institutions and Universities.
- The students will need to utilize around 100 hours conducting Swachhta- related activities in any selected villages by them.
2. India’s geographical indication logo and tagline
- Suresh Prabhu unveiled the tricolour logo and tagline for certified geographical Indication (GI) products.
- The tagline for GI-registered products will be “Invaluable Treasures of Incredible India”.
3. India’s 1st State to Implement Biofuel Policy
- Rajasthan became India’s 1st State to Implement Biofuel Policy.
- The desert State will lay emphasis on increasing production of oilseeds and establish a Centre for Excellence in Udaipur to promote research in the fields of alternative fuels and energy resources.
4. Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi will be conferred with 24th Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award.
- Gopalkrishna Devdas Gandhi is a retired IAS officer and diplomat, who was the 22nd Governor of West Bengal serving from 2004 to 2009. He is the grandson of Mahatma Gandhi.
1. Fields medal Awards
- Akshay Venkatesh is one of four winners of Fields medal awards. This award is also known as the Nobel prize for mathematics.
- Akshay Venkatesh is a Indian-Australian mathematician and is currently teaching in Stanford University.
2. India, US joint military cooperation meet
- India and US will be embarked on a military cooperation meeting, From Indian side it is Lieutenant General Satish Dua and from US side it is the Chairman and Lieutenant General Bryan Fenton.
- The meeting will act as a prelude to the 2 plus 2 dialogue that will happen in next month.
3. True Blue by Sachin to be featured abroad
- True Blue is a joint venture between cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and Arvind Fashion Brands Limited.
- Sachin Tendulkar is planning to take his clothing True Blue to global markets.
1. Bharat Earth Movers Ltd with Heavy Engineering Corporation
- BEML and HEC to be together for making mining equipment.
- The Outcome mining products will be co-branded and will come under ‘Make in India’ initiative.
2. An MOU between StarAgri Finance and Karur Vysya Bank
- StarAgri Finance underwrote MoU with Karur Vysya Bank.
- This MOU came in the light to provide financial assistance to traders and farmers.
3. 7 Indian Companies in Fortune 500 list
- Reliance Industries Ltd. Leapfrogged 55 spots in Fortune 500 list.
- Indian Oil Corporation is the top-ranked Indian company, ranked at 137, which is followed by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation at 197, State Bank of India at 216, and Tata Motors at 232.
1. Hungarian Formula One Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton won 6th Hungarian Grand Prix.
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes AMG Petronas.
2. Hockey World cup Women
- Indian women’s hockey team campaign ended after a defeat in penalty shootout.
- With this, Ireland advanced to the semi-finals of World Cup for the first time in history.
3. International Champions Cup
- The 2018 International Champions Cup is the sixth edition of a series of friendly association football matches.
- A total of 18 teams participate in the tournament. Currently Arsenal is on the Top of the List.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,2 August