Daily Current Affairs 2 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Lok Sabha to become paperless
- Lok Sabha will become paperless from next session which will save crores of rupees to the exchequer.
- The Lok Sabha or House of the People is the lower house of India’s bicameral Parliament, with the upper house being the Rajya Sabha.
2. IAF Pilot Tarun Chaudhri
- Wing Commander Tarun Chaudhri has become first IAF Pilot to perform a wingsuit skydive jump.
- From a Mi-17 helicopter at an altitude of 8500 feet, The jump was accomplished.
- Chief of the Air Staff of IAF: BS Dhanoa.
3. Number of Supreme Court Judges
- Cabinet has approved increasing the number of Supreme Court Judges from 30 to 33, excluding Chief Justice of India.
- Ranjan Gogoi is an Indian jurist serving as the 46th and current Chief Justice of India since 3 October 2018.
- Ranjan Gogoi is the first person from Northeast India to become Chief Justice of India.
4. One Nation-One Ration Card scheme
- Government has launched ‘One Nation-One Ration Card scheme’ on a pilot basis in four states Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Pilot experiment is a small scale preliminary study conducted in order to evaluate feasibility, time, cost, adverse events, and improve upon the study design prior to performance of a full-scale research project.
1. ISRO at Moscow
- Cabinet has approved the setting up of ISRO Technical Liaison Unit at Moscow.
- It will support bilateral programme of cooperation in space technology with Russia.
- ISRO:- Chairman: Dr K. Sivan || Headquarters: Bengaluru || Established: 1969.
2. Ramon Magsaysay Award 2019
- Indian journalist Ravish Kumar has been awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award for the year 2019.
- Ravish Kumar is an Indian TV anchor, writer, journalist and media personality who covers topics pertaining to Indian politics and society.
- NDTV New Delhi Television Limited is an Indian television media company founded in 1988 by Radhika Roy, a journalist. In a talk on the 25th anniversary of NDTV, her husband Prannoy Roy said that he joined NDTV a few weeks after Radhika had founded it. NDTV is an acronym for the original name of the company.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award is an annual award established to perpetuate former Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay’s example of integrity in governance, courageous service to the people, and pragmatic idealism within a democratic society.
- First awarded: 1958 || Presented by: Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation
- Other Winners
- Raymundo Pujante Cayabyab of Philippines
- Kim Jong-Ki of Korea
- Angkhana Neelapajit of Thailand
- KoSwe Win of Myanmar
3. QS Best Student Cities Ranking
- QS Best Student Cities Ranking is compiled by Global Education Consultancy ‘QS Quacquarelli Symonds’.
- 1. London
- 2. Tokyo
- 3. Melbourne
- Bengaluru at 81st, followed by Mumbai at 85th, Delhi at 113th and Chennai at 115th.
1. India Post Payments Bank
- Department of Post has decided to convert India Post Payments Bank into a small finance bank.
- India Post Payments Bank is a 100% government owned payments bank operating under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, which aims to utilize all of India’s 155,015 post offices as access points and 3 lakh postal postmen and GrameenDakSewaks to provide house to house banking services.
- Key people: : Anant Narayan Nanda as Secretary, Department of Post || Suresh Sethi as MD and CEO || Headquarters: New Delhi, India
2. ‘iMudra’ of IRCTC
- IRCTC has launched ‘iMudra’ Digital Wallet.
- An iMudra account comes with a digital wallet and a prepaid card.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian railways, with around 5,50,000 to 6,00,000 bookings every day is the world’s second busiest and highest of 15 to 16 lakh tickets every day.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Parent organization: Indian Railways || Founder: Ministry of Railways || Founded: 27 September 1999
3. New DG of India Meteorological Department
- Mrutyunjay Mohapatra has been appointed as the Director General of India Meteorological Department.
- The India Meteorological Department is an agency of the Ministry of Earth Sciences of the Government of India. It is the principal agency responsible for meteorological observations, weather forecasting and seismology.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 1875
1. Anil Kumble-led ICC Cricket Committee
- Anil Kumble-led ICC Cricket Committee will discuss the issues concerning 2019 World Cup final, including the controversial boundary count back rule.
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- Chairperson: Shashank Manohar || Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates || CEO: Manu Sawhney || Founded: 15 June 1909 || Membership: 104 members
2. World Deaf Youth Badminton Championships
- Jerlin Anika of Tamil Nadu has won Gold Medal in World Deaf Youth Badminton Championships (Women) held in Taipei.
- She bagged four medals in the championship, including the gold, two silver and one bronze.
- Taiwan:- Capital: Taipei || President: Tsai Ing-wen || Currency of Taiwan: Taiwanese Dollar.
3. Indian Federation of Sports Gaming’s ombudsman
- Indian Federation of Sports Gaming has appointed Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri as its Ombudsman and Ethics Officer.
- Indian Federation of Sports Gaming is India’s self-regulatory industry body for the online fantasy sports gaming sector.
- Arjan Kumar Sikri is an eminent jurist and a former judge of the Supreme Court of India. He was sworn in as a Supreme Court judge on 12 April 2013. Earlier, he had served as the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court. He retired as senior most puisne judge of Supreme Court of India on 6 March 2019.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31