Daily Current Affairs 2 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Andhra Pradesh govt approves 5% reservation for Kapus
- The Assembly has unanimously passed a bill that approves 5% reservation in education and employment to the Kapu community.
- CM Chandrababu Naidu said that the bill will be sent to the Centre since total reservation now exceeds 50%.
2. PM Modi assures assistance as cyclone Ockhi kills 17
- PM Modi assured TN CM Edappadi Palanisamy that the govt will provide immediate assistance to the state.
- The cyclone has claimed 17 lives in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
3. Anshu Prakash appointed as Delhi Chief Secretary
- Anshu Prakash is a 1986 batch IAS officer of Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory cadre.
- Prakash had earlier served as an additional secretary and a financial advisor in the rural development ministry.
1. US Senate passes biggest tax overhaul in nearly 40 years
- The US Senate voted 51-49 in favour of passing a bill which proposes the country’s biggest overhaul.
- The tax cut is expected to add more than $1 trillion over 10 years to the US’ $20 trillion national debt.
2. China finds oil field containing 1 bn tonnes of crude oil
- China has discovered an oil deposit with about 520 million tonnes of proven reserves.
- China is world’s 13th largest holder of proven oil reserves amounting to 25,620 million crude barrels.
1. Infosys appoints Salil Parekh as CEO and MD
- Parekh will join Infosys from Capgemini where he was a member of the Group Executive Board.
- He has masters degree from Cornells University and bachelors degree from IIT Bombay.
2. Air India to be sold as an integrated airline : Jayant Sinha
- It means both the domestic and international operations would be sold together.
- The minister said that the bidders would have options to make multiple bids.
1. Kohli becomes fastest batsman to hit 16,000 international runs
- He achieved the feat in his 350th innings against Sri Lanka.
- Kohli surpassed Hashim Amla who had reached the mark in his 363rd international innings.
2. Team India commemorates Armed Forces Week
- The Indian cricket team sported the Armed Forces Flag badges to honour the Armed Forces Week.
- The Armed Forces Flag Day, which began in 1949 is celebrated on December 7th every year.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 2 December