Daily Current Affairs 2 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Lokpal search Panel
- First meeting of Lokpal search Panel was held in New Delhi. It was headed by Judge Ranjana Prakash Desai.
- The aim is to select the first anti-corruption ombudsman.
2. Indian Coast Guard Day
- The 42nd Indian Coast Guard Day was observed on 1st Feb.
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) which is the 4th and armed force of India protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
- The Indian Coast Guard was formally established on 18 August 1978 by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India as an independent Armed force of India. It operates under the Ministry of Defence.
3. New CBI chief
- The Central Government has appointed Madhya Pradesh cadre IPS officer Rishi Kumar Shukla as the director of the Central Bureau of Investigation.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation is the premier investigating agency of India. Operating under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, the CBI is headed by the Director.
1. ‘Resolution 2454’
- ‘Resolution 2454’ is a resolution to extend sanctions such as Arms embargo, travel ban and asset freeze against the Central African Republic (CAR) till January 31, 2020.
- United Nations Security Council has adopted this resolution.
2. Stewart Adams passes away
- Stewart Adams was a British chemist, who was the main part of a team from Boots which developed the painkiller ibuprofen in the early 1960s.
- Ibuprofen is now on the World Health Organisation’s Model List of Essential Medicines and is one of the world’s best-selling drugs.
3. World Wetlands Day
- World Wetlands Day is celebrated every year on the 2nd February.
- The aim is to raise global awareness on the value of wetlands for humanity and the planet.
- Theme :- ‘Wetlands and Climate Change’.
4. INSTEX Payment Channel
- Germany, France and UK have set up a payment channel ‘INSTEX’ with Iran.
- INSTEX as ‘Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges’.
- This will help continuing trade with Iran and circumvent US sanctions.
1. Justice Srikrishna’s enquiry panel
- It is the enquiry panel for ex-CEO of ICICI, Chanda Kochhar’s violation of Bank’s code of conduct Case.
- ICICI Bank Limited is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra with its registered office in Vadodara, Gujarat. As of 2018, ICICI Bank is the second largest bank in India in terms of assets and market capitalisation.
2. New Chairperson of Mumbai Academy of Moving Image
- Actress Deepika Padukone has been appointed as Chairperson of Mumbai Academy of Moving Image.
- She replaced filmmaker Kiran Rao, who served as chairperson for four years.
- The Mumbai Academy of the Moving Image is a public trust that organizes the annual international film festival in Mumbai known as the Mumbai Film Festival.
3. Dr Reddy’s Laboratories’ New Independent Additional Director
- Dr Reddy’s Laboratories has appointed Former MD and CEO of Axis Bank Shikha Sharma as the Its independent additional director for five years.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company based in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The company was founded by Anji Reddy, who previously worked in the mentor institute Indian Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Limited, of Hyderabad, India.
- Axis Bank :- Headquarters: Mumbai || Subsidiaries: Axis Direct, FreeCharge, Axis Securities Limited || Executives: Amitabh Chaudhry (CEO, Managing director).
4. New CEO of Intel
- Robert Holmes Swan was named interim chief executive officer of Intel Corporation.
- Robert Holmes Swan is an American business executive. He was CFO of TRW Inc., Electronic Data Systems, and eBay before he was named CFO of Intel in October 2016.
1. 2019 AFC Asian Cup
- Qatar has crowned as champion of 2019 AFC Asian Cup. Runner-up : Japan
- Champion: Qatar national football team || Dates: 5 Jan 2019 – 1 Feb 2019 || Teams: 24 || Top scorer: Almoez Ali (Qatar) || Goals scored: 119
2. Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS)
- Sports Authority of India has approved the names of 23 athletes from badminton, cycling, para-athletics and para-shooting fields, to be included in Target Olympic Podium Scheme.
- Athletes will be provided financial assistance for their customized training at Institutes having world class facilities and other necessary support.
3. Australian Ladies PGA Tour
- Golfer Vani Kapoor has become the first Indian to earn card for Australian LPGA.
- She secured 12th Rank tied with three others in the qualifying tournament at the Ballarat Golf Club in Australia.