Daily Current Affairs 2 January 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 January 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 January 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 January 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Susashan Sankalp Varsh
- Haryana government will observe 2020 as “Susashan Sankalp Varsh”.
- Capital: Chandigarh || Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
2. India’s first university for trans-gender community
- India’s first university for trans-gender community will be opened in Kushinagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath || Governor: Anandiben Patel || Capital: Lucknow
3. Mahatma Jyotirao Phule Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme
- The Maharashtra state cabinet approved the Mahatma Jyotirao Phule Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme, under which crop arrears pending till September 30, 2019, will be waived.
- ‘Shiv Bhojan’ programme, under which the poor will be served meal at the subsidised rate of Rs 10 at designated centres in all districts of the state.
4. ‘Abhinandan’ scheme
- Assam Government has launched ‘Abhinandan’ scheme which is an education loan subsidy scheme that will provide a one-time subsidy of Rs. 50,000 in loan to students.
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi || Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal (BJP)
1. Miss Teen International 2019
- Aayushi Dholakia of Vadodara, India has bagged the title of Miss Teen International 2019.
- Yessenia Garcia from Paraguay and Anicia Gaothusi from Botswana became the First and second Runners-Up respectively.
2. The most famous teenager in the world
- United Nations has declared Education Activist and Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai as the most famous teenager in the world in its ‘Decade in Review’ report.
- The United Nations, is an intergovernmental organization responsible for maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations, achieving international cooperation, and being a center for harmonizing the actions of nations.
3. Ireland PM Leo Varadkar visits India
- Indian-origin Prime Minister of Ireland, Leo Varadkar, is on a visit to India.
- he visited his ancestral village in Maharashtra’s Sindhudurg district.
1. TAB Banking by Karnataka Bank
- Karnataka Bank has launched ‘KBL Xpress SB Accounts’ which a digitized version for opening Savings Bank account through TAB Banking on the spot.
- Karnataka Bank Limited is India’s twelfth largest private sector bank. It is an ‘A’ Class Scheduled Commercial Bank based in Mangaluru in Karnataka, India.
- Headquarters: Mangalore || CEO: Mahabaleshwara M. S
2. Best Performing Bank Award
- Andhra Bank has received a best performing bank award for RSETIs for 2018-19 financial year.
- Andhra Bank is a medium-sized public sector bank of India, with a network of 2885 branches, 4 extension counters, 38 satellite offices and 3798 automated teller machines as of 31 March 2019. During 2011–12, the bank entered the states of Tripura and Himachal Pradesh.
- Headquarters: Hyderabad || Founder: Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya || CEO: J Packirisamy
3. Satellite Aditya to study the sun
- Aditya or Aditya-L1 is a spacecraft mission to study the Sun. It has been designed and will be built in collaboration between the Indian Space Research Organisation and various Indian research institutes.
- It is planned to be launched in the second half of 2020. It is India’s first solar mission.
1. Globe Soccer Awards
- Juventus player Cristiano Ronaldo won best men’s player Award at Dubai Globe Soccer Awards.
- Ronaldo has won the award for the sixth time out of nine times.