Daily Current Affairs 2 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. National Consultation on Accessible Elections
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has organized a two-day “National Consultation on Accessible Elections,” in New Delhi. It will be inaugurated by the Chief Election Commissioner Shri O.P.Rawat,
- The event is a part of the ECI’s pursuit of its mission ‘leave no voter behind,’ with special focus on “Persons with Disabilities” (PwD). A dedicated portal of the Election Commission of India (ECI)’S Systematic Voters Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) to be launched
2. First Transgender Lawyer of India
- Sathyasri Sharmila from Paramakudi in Ramanathapuram district, Tamil Nadu has become the first transgender lawyer to enroll herself with the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry (BCTNP).
- Rajasthan’s Ganga Kumari was appointed as the first transgender woman constable.West Bengal’s Joyita Mondal was appointed the Lok Adalat judge of Islampur in North Dinajpur district, thus giving India its first transgender judge.
3. National Workshop on Skill Development for PwDs
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is organizing a “National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)”.
- Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment will inaugurate the workshop and Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship will be the Guest of Honour.
4. Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES)
- The Odisha government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES) for effective management of disasters.
- RIMES and OSDMA collaboration will contribute to global efforts targeted to substantially increase the availability of and access to multi-hazard early warning systems as articulated in the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030.
1. Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador elected Mexico’s President
- Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has won the Mexico’s presidency at the third attempt.
- Lopez Obrador will formally take power on December 1. Present President of Mexico:- Enrique Pena Nieto.
2. Irrfan Khan honoured with Icon Award
- Irrfan Khan honoured with Icon Award at the London Indian Film Festival.
- Richa Chadha won the Outstanding Achievement Award, while Manoj Bajpayee was also awarded an Icon Award.
3. 4th Round of negotiations under the Asia Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) (formerly Bangkok Agreement)
- The results of 4th Round of negotiations under the APTA among six countries, namely, Bangladesh, China, India, Lao PDR, Republic of Korea, and Sri Lanka, have been implemented that is Exchange of Tariff concessions through Fourth Round of Negotiations under Asia Pacific Trade Agreement .
- APTA is an initiative under the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN ESCAP) for trade expansion through exchange of tariff concessions among developing country members of the Asia Pacific Region.
4. Ravi Thapar to be the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Costa Rica
- Ravi Thapar, presently Ambassador of India to Panama, has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Costa Rica.
- He is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of 1983 batch and expected to take up the assignment shortly.
1. JLL’s Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2018
- India has moved up a place to 35th spot in JLL’s Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2018, registering maximum improvement in transparency.
- According to the survey, UK is at the top position followed by Australia and the US.Venezuela is the least transparent market with 100th rank.
2. 2018 World Union of Wholesale Markets
- Haryana will host 33rd World Union of Wholesale Markets (WUWM) Conference in Gurugram from October 10-13 this year.
- Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board will organise this conference. Countries from Asia, North and South America, Africa and Europe will also participate in the conference.
3. India increases GEF grants to 15 million dollar from 12 million dollar
- India will increase the money it pays to the Global Environment Facility (GEF) for the next four years to $15 million, from the $12 million currently.
- India is among the world’s most vulnerable countries to climate change. India is both a donor and a recipient of grants from the GEF, which an international partnership of 183 countries.
1. Lee Chong Wei won Malaysian Open Badminton singles title
- Lee Chong Wei has won the Malaysian Open Badminton singles title for a historic 12th time.
- In the final match, he defeated Japanese shuttler Kento Momota in straight games 21-17 23-21 in 71 minutes.
2. Asian Games gold medalist Mary Kom to skip 2018 Asian Games
- Indian boxer Mary Kom, who won a gold medal in the 51 kg category at the Asian Games in 2014, is set to skip the 2018 edition of the championship.
- She will focus on securing gold in the next World Championships in the 48 kg category, a category that won’t feature in 2018 edition of the Asian Games.
3. Iniesta retires from international football after Spain’s World Cup exit
- Spanish midfielder Andres Iniesta confirmed his retirement from international football after Spain got knocked out by Russia from the FIFA World Cup 2018 via a penalty shootout
- Iniesta scored Spain’s winning goal in the 2010 World Cup final, helped Spain win the European Championship in 2008 and 2012, appearing for the national side in 131 matches.