Daily Current Affairs 2 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize
- PM Modi confers Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prizes for Science & Tech for the years 2016, 2017 and 2018 in New Delhi.
- The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology is a science award in India given annually by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research for notable and outstanding research, applied or fundamental, in biology, chemistry, environmental science, engineering, mathematics, medicine and Physics.
- Sir Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar was an Indian colloid chemist, academic and scientific administrator. The first director-general of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, he is revered as the “father of research laboratories” in India.
2. STARS – Scheme for Translational and Advanced Research in Science
- HRD Minister, Prakash Javadekar has launched STARS – Scheme for Translational and Advanced Research in Science to fund science projects.
- Funds worth Rs 250 crore to sponsor about 500 science projects.
3. Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary
- Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot has launched the 2nd Edition of Indian Sign Language Dictionary in New Delhi.
- It was created by Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC) under the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
4. National Institute of Unani Medicine
- AYUSH Minister Shripad Yesso Naik has laid the foundation stone for National Institute of Unani Medicine at Ghaziabad, UP.
- The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy, abbreviated as AYUSH, is a governmental body in India purposed with developing, education and research in the field of alternative medicines including Ayurveda, yoga, Unani, Naturopathy, Siddha and Homoeopathy.
1. Andre Previn passes away
- Four-time Oscar-winning music composer Andre Previn has passed away.
- André George Previn, KBE was a German-American pianist, composer, arranger, and conductor. His career was three-pronged. Starting by arranging and composing Hollywood film scores for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Previn was involved in the music for over 50 films over his entire career.
- He won Oscar for “Gigi”, “Porgy & Bess”, “Irma la Douce” and “My Fair Lady”.
2. Noor Inayat Khan
- Britain’s World War II spy Noor Inayat Khan was honoured with a Blue Plaque in Landon.
- Nora Inayat-Khan, was a British heroine of World War II renowned for her service in the Special Operations Executive.
3. Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019
- ‘Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019’ is a Exercise between Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB).
- This exercise took place as a part of ‘Confidence Building Measures’ between the two border guards.
4. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank with Andhra Pradesh
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and the Government of India has signed a USD 455 million loan agreement.
- It will finance the Andhra Pradesh Rural Roads Project
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is a multilateral development bank that aims to support the building of infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. The bank currently has 69 members as well as 24 prospective members from around the world.
1. IDBI Bank with LIC
- IDBI Bank and Life Insurance Corporation of India have signed a bancassurance pact.
- IDBI Bank will offer LIC’s insurance products at its branches.
2. India’s first semiconductor chips for 4G/LTE and 5G NR modems
- Company ‘Signalchip’ has inducted India’s first semiconductor chips for 4G/LTE and 5G NR modems.
- Signalchip is Bengaluru-based fab-less Semiconductor Company.
3. ‘Assocham Non-Life Insurer of The Year Award’
- Bharti AXA General Insurance has been awarded with the ‘Non-Life Insurer of The Year Award 2019 by the Assocham.
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India is one of the apex trade associations of India. The organisation represents the interests of trade and commerce in India, and acts as an interface between issues and initiatives.
4. Task force to examine issues related to offshore rupee markets
- Usha Thorat, former RBI Deputy Governor, will lead the Task force to examine issues related to offshore rupee markets.
- This Task force was inducted by RBI.
1. James DeGale announces retirement
- British boxer James DeGale has announced his retirement.
- James Frederick DeGale, MBE is a British retired professional boxer. He is a former super-middleweight world champion, having held the IBF title twice between 2015 and 2018. At regional level he held the European and British super-middleweight titles between 2010 and 2012.
2. Indian Grand Prix-2
- Dutee Chand has won Gold medal in 200m women’s race at Indian Grand Prix series 2019, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
- Dutee Chand is an Indian professional sprinter and current national champion in the women’s 100 metres event. She is the third Indian woman to ever qualify for the Women’s 100 metres event at the Summer Olympic Games.
3. Centre for Disability Sports
- Govt. will set-up a Centre for Disability Sports at Gwalior.
- Gwalior is a city in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It’s known for its palaces and temples, including the Sas Bahu Ka Mandir intricately carved Hindu temple. Ancient Gwalior Fort occupies a sandstone plateau overlooking the city and is accessed via a winding road lined with sacred Jain statues. Within the fort’s high walls is the 15th-century Gujari Mahal Palace, now an archaeological museum.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31