Daily Current Affairs 2 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1. EC rejects 3,550 defective VVPAT machines
- The Election Commission has rejected defective Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail machines ahead of Gujarat Assembly Elections.
- 70,000 VVPAT machines will be used of which 46,000 are new and the rest will be procured from 11 states.
2. Mumbai’s Royal Opera House gets UNESCO heritage award
- The restored Royal Opera House has received the award from the 2017 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
- The building was closed to the public in 1993 and reopened in 2016 after being restored by architect Abha Narain Lambah.
3. Sikkim to get its first airport this month
- The airport is at 30 kms from the state capital of Gangtok.
- It is at an altitude of 4,700 ft and will be among the five highest Indian airports.
1. US shares list of 20 terrorist groups with Pakistan
- USA shared the list containing names of Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed that they believe are operating from Pakistan’s soil to target India and Afghanistan.
- This comes after the US said it is going to test Pakistan by giving them a chance to act against terrorism.
2. US First Lady not on Forbes Powerful Women list
- The list was topped by German Chancellor Angela Merkel for the 12th time.
- It features 23 new entrants including Ivanka Trump.
< strong>3. Russia to help build India-Iran natural gas pipeline
- Russia and Iran will prepare a legal framework for the 1,200 km long pipeline project which is expected to begin next year.
- Russian Energy Minister said that it will involve the participation of Iranian, Pakistani and Indian firms.
1. Chanda Kocchar named most powerful woman in India by Forbes
- CEO of ICICI Bank Chanda Kocchar was ranked 32nd in World’s 100 Most Powerful Women list by Forbes.
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw,Shohana Bhartia and Priyanka Chopra are the other Indian women who featured on the list.
2. Bank of England raises rates
- The bank has increased the rates for the first time since 2007 to curb high inflation.
- The base rate has been lifted from 0.25% to 0.5%.
3. Facebook profit rises 79%
- There is an increase in profit to $4.7 billion for the September quarter.
- The company reported a 47% increase in revenue to $10.33 billion.
1. Srikanth rises to world number 2
- Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth reached world number two after becoming the first Indian to win four Superseries titles in a year.
- Srikanth has accumulated 73,403 rating pints, the best ever for a male Indian shuttler.
2. Indian women reach Asia Cup semis
- Indian women’s hockey team thrashed Kazakhstan 7-1 to reach the semi-finals.
- The team has scored 23 goals in the tournament so far which having conceded 2 goals.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15