Daily Current Affairs 2 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 25th DST – CII Technology Summit 2019
- Kingdom of Netherlands will be the Partner Country 25th DST – CII Technology Summit which will be organized in 2019.
- Netherlands:- Capital: Amsterdam || Currency: Euro || Monarch: Willem-Alexander || Prime Minister: Mark Rutte.
2. ‘Soura Jalanidhi’ Scheme
- CM Naveen Patnaik has launched the Soura Jalanidhi scheme in Odisha.
- The aim is to increase use of solar energy for helping farmers in irrigating their land.
3. New DG of Indo Tibetan Border Police
- SS Deswal has been appointed as Director General of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
- ITBP: Founded: 24 October 1962 || Headquarters: New Delhi || Motto: Shaurya – Dridhata – Karm Nishtha || Under Ministry of Home Affairs.
4. Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda
- Jharsuguda Airport, Odisha has been renamed to ‘Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda’ Odisha.
- Surendra Sai was an Indian freedom fighter from Odisha and tribal leader who sacrificed his life fighting against the British East India Company.
1. Videocittà 2018, Rome
- Videocittà 2018 was organized along with Rome Film Festival and Mercato Internazionale dell’Audiovisivo (MIA) (the International Audio Visual Market).
- India’s participation at Videocittà 2018, Rome was organized by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and coordinated on Ministry’s behalf by FICCI.
2. BBC’s 100 best foreign language films
- Pather Panchali is the only Indian Film has been included in BBC’s list of 100 best foreign language films.
- Pather Panchali is a 1955 Indian Bengali-language drama film written and directed by Satyajit Ray and produced by the Government of West Bengal.
- Story :- Apu and his poor family live in a village where they try to make ends meet. The father leaves for the city to try and earn more money while his daughter dies of a fever which prompts the family to move.
- Satyajit Ray was an Indian filmmaker, screenwriter, graphic artist, music composer and author, widely regarded as one of the greatest filmmakers of the 20th century. Ray was born in the city of Darbhanga, Bihar in a Bengali Brahmo family which was prominent in the field of arts and literature.
3. MoU between India and South Korea
- Cabinet has approved MOU between India and South Korea in the field of tourism.
- Capital: Seoul || Currency: South Korean won || President: Moon Jae-in || Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon.
4. World Vegan Day
- World Vegan Day was observed on 1st November.
- World Vegan Day was established in 1994 by Louise Wallis (Former President of The Vegan Society).
1. TCS’ New Acquisition
- Tata Consultancy Services has acquired a digital design studio W12 Studios, London.
- TCS: Founded: 1968 || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founders: F. C. Kohli, J. R. D. Tata
2. India’s first microprocessor
- IIT, Madras has designed India’s first indigenously developed microprocessor named ‘Shakti.
- ‘Shakti’ processors was fabricated at ISRO Semi-Conductor Laboratory, Chandigarh.
- It is the first ‘RISC V Microprocessor’ to be completely designed and made in India.
3. India-US Dialogue on IPR
- First ever India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property was held in New Delhi.
- It was initiated by US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) and FICCI in partnership with the US-India Business Council.
4. ‘Swachhta’ awards under Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal has distributed ‘Swachhta’ awards
- First prize – M/s. Patanjali Food and Herbal Park (P) Ltd. in Haridwar
1. World Corporate Games
- Qatar will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games in Nov 2019.
- World Corporate Games: Founder – Maureen Johnston || Founded – nearly 30 years ago || Aim – to bring together, the local, regional and international business sporting community.
2. 10th AIBA Women’s World Championship
- Boxer Mary Kom has been named as brand ambassador of 10th AIBA Women’s World Championship.
- 10th edition of AIBA Women’s World Championship will be held from November 15-24, 2018, in New Delhi.
3. ICC Hall of Fame Commemorative Cap
- Rahul Dravid has received ICC Hall of Fame Commemorative Cap from Sunil Gavaskar.
- Rahul Dravid is a former Indian cricketer and captain. He is the current Overseas Batting Consultant for the Indian team, and also the head coach for the Under-19 and ‘A’ teams.