Daily Current Affairs 02 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 02 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 02 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 02 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Tamil Nadu gets full time governor after 13 months.
- With the appointment of Banwarilal Purohit, Tamil Nadu got a full-time governor after a gap of 13 months.
- Purohit has replaced C Vidyasagar Rao, who had taken charge as acting Governor after the retirement of then Governor K Rosaiah.
2. PM Modi pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat.
- PM Narendra Modi paid tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat on the occasion of latter’s 148th birth anniversary.
- PM also paid tribute to former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri, who shares same Birt Anniversary.
3. Kaziranga opens partially for tourists after flood damage.
- After remaining closed for over four months due to floods, which led to deaths of hundreds of its inhabitants, the Kaziranga National Park in Assam reopened for tourists.
- However, domestic and foreign tourists coming to the UNESCO declared world heritage site the largest habitat for endangered one-horned rhinos won’t be able to visit all parts of the park spread over 430 sq km.
1. International Day of Non-violence: 2nd October.
- The International day of Non-violence is marked on 2nd October, the birth date of Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian Independence movement and pioneer of the philosophy and strategy of Non-violence.
- On 15 June, 2007, General Assembly of UN established commemoration to celebrate 2nd October as International Non-violence day.
2. Burqa ban comes into effect in Austria.
- Austria’s law banning face veils such as burkhas or niqabs has come into effect from now.
- According to the government, acceptance and respect of Austrian values are basic conditions for successful cohabitation between the majority Austrian population and people from third country living in Austria.
3. Russia, China banned from weightlifting for one year.
- Russia and China were among nine nations suspended from weightlifting competitions for up to 12 months after the International Weightlifting Federation retested samples from Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Olympics.
- Countries with at least three doping offences from those Olympics were suspended.
1. TATA Motors bags EESL order.
- Central government entity Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), has awarded a contract to Tata Motors to procure 10,000 electric vehicles for government departments.
- The company was selected through an international competitive bidding. Others in the race included Mahindra & Mahindra and Nissan Motors.
2. India, EU to hold 14th summit talks in New Delhi.
- 14th India-European Union summit will be held in New Delhi.
- The summit aims at deepening the India-EU strategic partnership and advance collaboration in priority areas for India’s growth and development.
3. Three American scientist awarded 2017 Nobel Prize in medicine.
- American Scientist Jeffrey C Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W young have been awarded the 2017 Nobel prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- The prize is awarded for discoveries of molecular mechanisms controlling circadian rhythyms.
1. India defeats Australia by 7 wickets.
- India defeated Australia in last match of 5-ODI series to reclaim top ranking.
- With this win India won the series by 4-1.
2. Max Verstappen wins Malaysian Grand Prix.
- Max Verstappen claimed the second victory of his career at the Malaysian Grand Prix.
- The Dutchman set about stretching his advantage as Hamilton struggled to match his lap times, and he was a comfortable leader throughout.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15