Daily Current Affairs 2 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
- New 840 Higher Educational Institutes are enrolled in Unnat Bharat Abhiyan as a part of celebrations to mark 150th Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is being coordinated and steered by IIT Delhi. The programme involve engaging with neighbouring communities and using technologies for their betterment.
- Official website: unnat.iitd.ac.in
2. ‘Swachhta Hi Sewa Pakhwada’ across Indian Railways
- Ministry of Railways is observing ‘Swachhta Hi Sewa Pakhwada’ across Indian Railways network which has concluded today.
- From 15th September to 2nd October 2018 to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
3. Todays’ Important birth anniversary
- Lal Bahadur Shastri :- He was the 2nd Prime Minister of India and a senior leader of the Indian National Congress political party.
- Born: 2 October 1904, Mughalsarai || Died: 11 January 1966, Tashkent, Uzbekistan || Nickname: Man of Peace
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi :- He was an Indian activist who was the leader of the Indian independence movement against British rule.
- Born: 2 October 1869, Porbandar || Assassinated: 30 January 1948, New Delhi || Spouse: Kasturba Gandhi (m. 1883–1944) || Parents: Putlibai Gandhi, Karamchand Gandhi
4. India’s first flood forecast system
- Kolkata has launched India’s first flood forecast system (flood forecasting and early warning system – FFEWS).
- With technical assistance of a $1 million from Asian Development Bank.
1. Exercise IBSAMAR-VI
- IBSAMAR-VI is a joint Multi–National Maritime Exercise between the Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies.
- It has started at Simons Town, South Africa.
2. Goa with Portugal
- An MOU is signed in the field of water supply, waste water management and sanitation between Goa and Portugal.
- Portugal:- Capital: Lisbon || Currency: Euro.
3. Revamped North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Canada the United States and Mexico to sign a trade deal which will revamp North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- It has been named the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
1. New IMF Chief Economist
- Gita Gopinath has been appointed as the Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund.
- She is India-born Harvard University professor.
2. Association of Mutual Funds of India’s (AMFI) Statistics Data
- Maharashtra topped as maximum penetration and Assets Under Management(AUM), According to Association of Mutual Funds of India’s (AMFI).
- 1. Maharashtra with Rs 10.35 lakh crore, around 41.1% of India.
- 2. Delhi with Rs 2.35 lakh crore
- 3. Karnataka with Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
3. Ministry of Cows
- Madhya Pradesh Govt. to set up a Ministry for cows.
- It will replace the existing Madhya Pradesh Gaupalan Evam Pashudhan Samvardhan (MPGEPS).
4. Cow as the ‘Rashtra Mata’
- Uttarakhand Govt. has declared cow as ‘Rashtra Mata’(mother of the nation).
- Governor :-Baby Rani Maurya || Chief Minister :- Trivendra Singh Rawat (BJP)
1. Asian Yoga Sports Championship
- 8th Asian Yoga Sports Championship has begun in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Around 450 participants from 12 Asian countries will showcase their yoga skills.
2. BCCI brought under RTI
- BCCI is now under the RTI(Right to Information) Act Acc. to Central Information Commission.
- Right to Information – 2005 is an Act of the Parliament of India to provide for setting out the practical regime of the right to information for citizens and replaces the erstwhile Freedom of information Act, 2002.
3. 3rd Youth Olympic Games
- Manu Bhaker will as the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the 3rd Youth Olympic Games.
- Buenos Aires 2018 Summer Youth Olympic Games :- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina || Dates: 6 Oct 2018 – 18 Oct 2018