Daily Current Affairs 2 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try
2 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. New Chief Justice of India
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi will be the next Chief Justice of India on 3rd October 2018.
- Deepak Misra(Current CJI) will retire on 2nd October 2018.
2. Mobility Week
- ‘Mobility Week’ will see 17 events in 7 days—from 31 August to 6 September 2018.
- Today ‘MOVE Cyclathon’ was flagged off by Kiren Rijiju and Amitabh Kant,CEO NITI Aayog
- It is a cycle rally to promote cleaner, accessible modes of transport.
3. National Nutrition Week
- The ongoing week(1st to 7th September) is National Nutrition Week and is being observed throughout the country.
- Theme:- ‘Go Further with Food’
4. BHARATIYA MANAVATA VIKAS PURASKAR 2018
- Shabana Azmi and Nandita Das along with 11 others were awarded the Bharatiya Manavata Vikas Puraskar in New Delhi.
- The award is honoured for the contribution to the society, social justice and human welfare and eradicating the cause of equity.
1. Raxaul-Kathmandu Railway
- An MOU is signed between India and Nepal for the Raxaul-Kathmandu Railway.
- It is the first step towards the ambitious rail connectivity initiative between the two countries.
2. 4th International Ayurveda Congress
- Shripad Yesso Naik has inaugurated The 4th International Ayurveda Congress, Netherlands.
- Shripad Yesso Naik is an Indian politician and the Union Minister of State in the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy.
3. First woman Chief Justice of a Pakistani High Court
- Justice Syeda Tahira Safdar was sworn in as the first woman CJ of a Pakistani HC.
- she has the honour of being the first lady in all posts she served in her life including being the first female civil judge in Balochistan in 1982.
1. New chairman of IBA
- Sunil Mehta has been elected as the Chairman of Indian Banks’ Association.
- Indian Banks’ Association was formed on 26 September 1946 as a representative body of management of banking in India operating in India – an association of Indian banks and financial institutions based in Mumbai.
2. HAL’s New Chairman and Managing Director
- R Madhavan has been elected as CMD of Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company headquartered in Bangalore, India. It is governed under the management of the Indian Ministry of Defence.
3. MOVE: Global Mobility Summit
- NITI Aayog, in collaboration with various ministries and industry partners, is organizing ‘MOVE: Global Mobility Summit’ in New Delhi on 7th and 8th September, 2018.
- Summit will have three designated components:
- The Conclave
- Digital Exhibition
- Featured Events
- Binoy Kumar has been appointed as Secretary in the Steel Ministry.
- Ministry of Steel:- Union Minister: Shri Chaudhary Birender Singh || Minister of State: Shri Vishnu Deo Sai.
- Japanese swimmer Rikako Ikee has been named as the Most Valuable Player.
- She bagged six gold and two silver medals at the Asian Games 2018.
- Rani Rampal was the flag bearer at the closing ceremony.
- India with a total of 69 medals which includes 15 gold, 24 silver and 30 bronze medals is at 8th position.
- Pranab Bardhan at 60, has become the oldest gold medallist of Asian Games 2018 from India.
- He won gold medal at sport of Bridge Event with Shibhnath Sarkar.
4. New Secretary in the Steel Ministry
1. Asian Games 2018-Most Valuable Player
2. Asian Games 2018 Closing Ceremony
3. India’s oldest Asian Games gold medallist
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,2 September