Daily Current Affairs 20th-21st April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20th-21st April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20th-21st April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20th-21st April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First state to Geo-tag community kitchens
- Uttar Pradesh has become first state to Geo-tag community kitchens.
- UP Governor– Anandiben Patel
- Indian Government has launched a dashboard containing information of human resources for combating Covid-19.
- It can be accessed here: ‘www.covidwarriors.gov.in’
3. National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of India
- Union Minister for Culture (I/C) Prahlad Singh Patel has launched ‘National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of India’.
- Aim: To recognize the diversity of Indian culture embedded in its intangible heritage.
1. #HDFCBankSafetyGrid campaign
- HDFC Bank has launched #HDFCBankSafetyGrid campaign for social distancing.
- HDFC Bank: Headquarter: Mumbai || Managing Director of HDFC Bank: Aditya Puri.
2. ICICI Bank’ Voice Banking Service
- ICICI Bank has launched voice banking services on Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- The ICICI bank has integrated its AI powered multi-channel chat-bot iPal with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- ICICI Bank: Headquarters– Mumbai || MD and CEO- Sandeep Bakhshi
1. India’s GDP growth forecast by Fitch
- Fitch Solutions has slashed GDP Growth forecast of India to 1.8% for the financial year 2020-21.
- Fitch Ratings Inc. is an American credit rating agency and is one of the “Big Three credit rating agencies”, the other two being Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s.
- Headquarters: New York || CEO: Paul Taylor
2. High-level task force to develop COVID-19 vaccines
- Government of India has announced setting up of a new task force to work on the development of vaccines and potential drugs for COVID-19.
- It will be headed by member NITI Aayog professor Vinod Paul and Principal Scientific Advisor to the government, K Vijayraghavan.
1. Sudha Murty’s first-ever audio book
- Sudha Murty’s first-ever audio book ‘How the Onion Got Its Layers’ by Puffin.
- This is the second book of the chapter series by Sudha Murty, the first being ‘How the Sea Became Salty’.
- Sudha Murthy is an Indian engineering teacher and Kannada and English author. Sudha Murthy began her professional career in computer science and engineering. She is the chairperson of the Infosys Foundation and a member of the public health care initiatives of the Gates Foundation.
Science and Technology News
1. ‘Maze’ Ransomware Attack
- IT services provider Cognizant had faced ‘Maze’ Ransomware Attack that has caused disruptions to its clients.
- Cognizant is an American multinational corporation that provides IT services, including digital, technology, consulting, and operations services. It is headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, United States.
- CEO: Brian Humphries
2. COVID FYI’ (covidfyi.in)
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode has developed a vital digital tool ‘COVID FYI’ (covidfyi.in)’ to fight misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode is an autonomous public business school located in Calicut, Kerala. The institute, set up in 1996 by the Government of India in collaboration with the State Government of Kerala, is one of the 20 Indian Institutes of Management. It was the fifth IIM to be established.
1. World Creativity and Innovation Day 2020
- World Creativity and Innovation Day is observed on April 21 in order to raise awareness about the role of innovation and creativity in each aspect of human development.
- On the World Creativity and Innovation Day 2020, the United Nations has urged the world to accept that innovation is necessary for harnessing a country’s economic potential.
2. Civil Services day
- The Government of India celebrates April 21 every year as ‘Civil Services day’ as an occasion for the civil servants to rededicate themselves to the cause of citizen and renew their commitments to public service and excellence in work.
- Warren Hastings laid the foundation of civil service and Charles Cornwallis reformed, modernised and rationalised it. Hence, Charles Cornwallis is known as the ‘Father of Civil Service in India’.
3. UN Chinese Language Day
- The United Nations observes the UN Chinese Language Day every year on April 20.
- The contribution of Chinese literature, poetry and language in world culture is highlighted on this day.
1. Gene Deitch passes away
- Oscar-winning animator, film director and producer Gene Deitch has passed away.
- Eugene MerrilDeitch was an American-Czech illustrator, animator, comics artist, and film director. Based in Prague since 1959, Deitch was known for creating animated cartoons such as Munro, Tom Terrific, and Nudnik, as well as his work on the Popeye and Tom and Jerry series.
1. ‘Team Mask Force’ Campaign
- BCCI has created ‘Team Mask Force’ Campaign to spread awareness against COVID-19.
- BCCI President: Sourav Ganguly || Headquarter of BCCI: Mumbai.