Daily Current Affairs 20 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Chhattisgarh to roll out Sanchar Kranti Yojana
- Free smartphones will be distributed to 50 lakh people under this scheme.
- This will help people avail benefits from govt schemes.
2. Taxis can run with private license
- Drivers can use private license for driving taxis for commercial purposes.
- Commercial license is mandatory for heavy commercial vehicles.
3. Delhi residents to get compensation for power cuts
- Power distribution companies should pay Rs.50 for unscheduled power cut.
- Rs.100 has to be paid for every hour from 3rd hour.
4. 4 Indians featured in TIME’s 100 influential people list
- Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadella and Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal were a part.
- Actress Deepika Padukone and Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli also featured in the list.
1. India to invest in UK
- PM Modi announced that India will invest 1 billion pounds in UK.
- The investment will save 6000 British jobs.
2. Jim Bridenstine to be NASA’s 13th chief
- Jim Bridenstine is nominated by Prez Donald Trump to be NASA’s administrator.
- He currently serves on the House Armed Services Committee.
3. China proposes economic corridor to reach India
- The economic corridor with India and Nepal through the Himalayas is to enhance connectivity.
- China and Nepal have agreed under the OBOR initiative.
4. Romania to shift its Israel embassy
- The govt will shift the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Romania is the 3rd nation to do so after US and Guatemala.
1. India has 2nd largest unbanked population
- About 19 crore Indian citizens do not have bank accounts.
- China has world’s largest unbanked population.
2. Annual 5G India Congress to be held in Delhi
- The 3rd edition will focus on 5G requirements, current infrastructure and its developments.
- The govt aims to roll out 5G in India by 2020.
3. Standard Chartered Bank collaborates with Zoho
- The collaboration will allow account holders to make faster payments .
- Business account holders can pay their suppliers directly via Zoho Books.
4. Yes Bank gets RBI’s approval for new offices
- The bank will open representative offices in Singapore and London.
- This will expand financial services to NRI segment.
1. India to bid for Olympics
- India will bid for 2026 Youth Olympics and 2032 Summer Olympics.
- Thailand has also expressed interest to host Youth Olympics.
2. SRH face their 1st defeat in this IPL season
- KXIP won over SRH giving them 1st loss in IPL 2018.
- Chris Gayle won Man of the Match by slamming 104 off 63 balls.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15