Daily Current Affairs 20 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. One Nation One Election
- PM Modi held a meeting with the Presidents of all political parties having representation in Parliament on the issue of ‘One Nation One Election’.
- Simultaneous elections have been conducted for the Lok Sabha and the state assemblies simultaneously in 1952, 1957, 1962 and 1967.
- This practice was discontinued in 1968-69 because some Legislative Assemblies were dissolved earlier
2. Mukhyamantri Yuva Sambal Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Yuva Sambal Yojana was launched in Rajasthan for unemployed youth.
- Male applicants will get Rs 3000/month while women and differently-abled will get Rs 3500/month
- The allowance will be given for two years or until they get employed.
3. Exercise Operation Sunrise 2
- The Coordinated operation named ‘Operation Sunrise 2’ was carried out by the armies of India and Myanmar.
- The militant groups of Assam, Manpur and Nagaland were targeted to bust terror camps.
- Myanmar :- Capital: Naypyitaw || Currency: Burmese kyat || President: Win Myint
1. World Refugee Day
- World Refugee Day, international observance observed June 20 each year, is dedicated to raising awareness of the situation of refugees throughout the world.
- Theme :- ‘#StepWithRefugees — Take A Step on World Refugee Day’.
2. US-Mexico-Canada agreement
- Government of Mexico has ratified the US-Mexico-Canada agreement.
- Mexico has become first country to give new North American trade deal final approval.
- The ‘US-Mexico-Canada agreement’ is sometimes referred to as “New NAFTA” in reference to the previous trilateral agreement it is meant to supersede, the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
3. CICA Summit 2019
- The 5th Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) Summit 2019 was held at Dushnabe, Tajikistan.
- Theme :- ‘Shared Vision for a Secure and More Prosperous CICA Region’.
- The Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia is an inter-governmental forum for enhancing cooperation towards promoting peace, security and stability in Asia.
- Secretariat: Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan || Membership: 27 member states; 8 observer states; 5 observer organizations || Establishment: 14 September 1999
- India was the member of CICA since 1999.
1. IndusInd Bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion
- The merger of IndusInd Bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion (BFIL) will be effective from July 4.
- CEO of Merged Entity:- M R Rao
- Bharat Financial Inclusion Limited BFIL is a non-banking finance company, licensed by the Reserve Bank of India. It was founded in 1997 by Vikram Akula
- IndusInd Bank Limited is a Mumbai based Indian new generation bank, established in 1994. The bank offers commercial, transactional and electronic banking products and services. IndusInd Bank was inaugurated in April 1994 by then Union Finance Minister Manmohan Singh.
2. New CEO of BMW Group India
- Rudratej Singh has been appointed as the President and CEO of BMW Group India.
- BMW AG is a German multinational company which currently produces automobiles and motorcycles, and also produced aircraft engines until 1945. The company was founded in 1916 and is headquartered in Munich, Bavaria.
- CEO: Harald Krüger || Founded: 7 March 1916, Munich, Germany
3. Sri Lanka’s first satellite
- Raavana 1 also known as BIRD LKA is a Sri Lankan low orbit cube research satellite and first satellite of Sri Lanka.
- The satellite was launched as part of Cygnus NG-11 by the United States.
- the satellite was launched into the orbit after it was sent into space.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
1. Asian Continental Chess Championship 2019
- Nihal Sarin has won blitz event at Asian Continental Chess Championship 2019.
- Lightning is a term used for either Blitz or Bullet chess, and is a general term for extremely fast chess.
- Blitz: 3 to 5 minutes per side. Usually sudden death (no increment), but may also be played with a small increment. Bullet: 1 or 2 minutes per side.
2. Folksam Grand Prix 2019
- Middle-Distance Runner PU Chitra of India has won Gold medal in women’s 1500m at Folksam Grand Prix 2019.
- The Folksam Grand Prix 2019 was held in Sollentuna, Sweden.
- Middle-distance running events are track races longer than sprints, up to 3000 metres. The standard middle distances are the 800 metres, 1500 metres and mile run, although the 3000 metres may also be classified as a middle-distance event.
- Sweden :- Capital: Stockholm || Currency: Swedish krona
3. 2019 World Aquatics Championships
- The 2019 World Aquatics Championships — 18th FINA World Aquatics Championships will be held in Gwangju, South Korea in the summer of 2019.
- It will host the swimming and diving competitions, and there will be two adjacent outdoor temporary venues for synchronised swimming and water polo.
- South Korea, an East Asian nation on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula, shares one of the world’s most heavily militarized borders with North Korea.
- President: Moon Jae-in || Capital: Seoul || Currency: South Korean won || Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30