Daily Current Affairs 20 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Book ‘India in a Warming world: Integrating Climate Change and Development’
- Book ‘India in a Warming World: Integrating Climate Change and Development’ is published by Oxford University Press.
- It features collection of articles by climate experts including Sunita Narain, Anil Agarwal, Dr Friederike Otto & Shibani Ghosh, edited by Navroz K Dubash.
2. Exercise DANX-19
- Andaman and Nicobar Command (Army) has conducted 2nd edition of Defence of Andaman & Nicobar Islands 2019 (DANX-19).
- The Andaman Islands are an Indian archipelago in the Bay of Bengal. These roughly 300 islands are known for their palm-lined, white-sand beaches, mangroves and tropical rainforests.
3. LOTUS-HR Project
- The 2nd phase of Indo-Dutch project ‘Local Treatment of Urban Sewage Streams for Healthy Reuse’ (LOTUS-HR) was launched in New Delhi.
- It is a water management approach that aims for the Local Treatment of Urban Sewage streams for Healthy Reuse.
4. Ganges River Dolphin Census 2019
- World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF India) and UP Govt. conducted Annual Ganges River dolphin census 2019 in Uttar Pradesh.
- The World Wide Fund for Nature is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of wilderness preservation, and the reduction of human impact on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
- Headquarters: Gland, Switzerland || Founded: 29 April 1961, Morges, Switzerland || President Emeritus: Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
1. Exercise ‘EX EASTERN BRIDGE-V’
- India-Oman Air forces have begun joint training exercise ‘EX EASTERN BRIDGE-V’.
- Oman: Capital: Muscat || Currency: Omani rial
2. All-Woman Spacewalk
- NASA Astronauts Christina Koch and Jessica Meir have completed ‘All-Woman Spacewalk’ which is the first-ever all-female spacewalk.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower || Founded: 29 July 1958, United States
- NASA Administrator: Jim Bridenstine.
3. International Chefs Day
- Each year on October 20th we celebrate International Chefs Day by Worldchefs.
- Since its creation by esteemed chef Dr. Bill Gallagher in 2004, Worldchefs has committed to using International Chefs Day to celebrate noble profession,
- Worldchefs has partnered with Nestlé Professional to teach kids around the globe about the importance of healthy eating by hosting fun-filled workshops worldwide.
- Theme: ‘How Healthy Food Works’.
4. Kalidas Karmakar passes away
- Kalidas Karmakar was a Bangladeshi artist. He specialized in viscosity printing.
- He was awarded Shilpakala Padak and the Ekushey Padak by the Government of Bangladesh for his contribution to fine arts.
1. Whole-time member of IBBI
- Sudhaker Shukla has been appointed as Whole-Time Member of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India is the regulator for overseeing insolvency proceedings and entities like Insolvency Professional Agencies, Insolvency Professionals and Information Utilities in India.
- Regulatory agency executive: MS Sahoo, Chairperson || Key document: Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code || Founder: Parliament of India || Founded: 1 October 2016 || Headquarters: Connaught Place, Delhi, New Delhi
2. Head of European Central Bank
- Former IMF chief Christine Lagarde has been appointed as the head of European Central Bank.
- The European Central Bank is the central bank for the euro and administers monetary policy within the Eurozone, which comprises 19 member states of the European Union and is one of the largest monetary areas in the world.
- Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany || President: Mario Draghi || Bank rate: 0.00% (Main refinancing operations); 0.25% (Marginal lending facility) || Currency: Euro || Founder: European Communities
3. Interpol General Assembly in 2022
- India will host the 91st Interpol General Assembly in 2022.
- The International Criminal Police Organization, more commonly known as INTERPOL, is an international organization that facilitates worldwide police cooperation and crime control.
- Headquarters: Lyon, France || Governing body: INTERPOL General Assembly || Abbreviation: ICPO-INTERPOL || Agency executives: Kim Jong Yang, President; Alexander Prokopchuk, Vice President; Jürgen Stock, Secretary General
4. New Director-General of NSG
- Anup Kumar Singh has been appointed as Director-General of the National Security Guard.
- The National Security Guard (NSG) is a counter terrorism unit under the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- It was raised in 15th October1984, following Operation Blue Star, Akshardham Temple attack and the assassination of Indira Gandhi, “for combating terrorist activities with a view to protect states against internal disturbances”.
- The NSG personnel are often referred to in the media as Black Cats because of the black outfit and black cat insignia worn on their uniform.
1. Jennifer Louise Gunn retires
- England all-rounder Jennifer Louise Gunn has announced her retirement from international cricket.
- Jennifer Louise Gunn, MBE, known as Jenny Gunn, is an English cricketer and a former member of the England women’s team.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31