Daily Current Affairs 20 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first Central Police University
- India’s first Central Police University will be established in Greater Noida , Uttar Pradesh.
- It will offer undergraduate and post-graduate courses on policing, internal security, cybercrime & forensic sciences.
2. Eminent Engineers Award
- Railway Board Chairman V K Yadav has been awarded with Eminent Engineers Award by Institution of Engineers in New Delhi.
- The award was presented to mark the 52nd Engineers’ Day on September 15 by the Institution of Engineers.
- Theme: ‘Engineering for change’.
3. DRDO with ISRO
- DRDO has signed MoU with ISRO to develop human-centric systems for India’s first manned space mission Gaganyaan.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration”.
4. Four Supreme Court Judges
- Himachal Pradesh High Court: Chief Justice V. Ramasubramanian
- Rajasthan High Court: Chief Justice S. Ravindra Bhat
- Punjab and Haryana High Court: Chief Justice Krishna Murari
- Kerala High Court: Chief Justice Hrishikesh Roy
1. List of the world’s safest cities from Economist Intelligence Unit
- 1. Tokyo
- 2. Singapore
- 3. Osaka
- 4. Toronto
- 5. Melbourne
- EIU assessed the overall safety of 60 major cities using categories like health safety, infrastructure safety, personal safety, and the cybersecurity of smart city technology.
- Mumbai and Delhi ranked 45th and 52nd in EIU’s World’s safest cities list among 60 countries worldwide.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit is a British business within the Economist Group providing forecasting and advisory services through research and analysis, such as monthly country reports, five-year country economic forecasts, country risk service reports, and industry reports.
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom || Parent organization: Economist Group || Founded: 1946
2. Center-2019 International Command Exercise
- Russia held its annual Center-2019 International Command Exercise involving six other nations India, China, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan.
- Earlier Central Joint Strategic Command (JSC) has held two exercises- in 2011 and 2015.
3. National Security Adviser of USA
- Robert O’Brien has been appointed as National Security Adviser of USA replacing John Bolton.
- The Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, commonly referred to as the National Security Advisor or at times informally termed the NSC Advisor is a senior aide in the Executive Office of the President, based at the West Wing of the White House, who serves as the chief in-house advisor to the President of the United States on national security issues.
4. Maldives with Kerala
- Kerala has signed an MoU with Maldives to strengthen cancer care in the island nation.
- The MoU was signed between Kerala Government and Regional Cancer Centre with Health Ministry of Maldives.
- The Maldives is a tropical nation in the Indian Ocean composed of 26 ring-shaped atolls, which are made up of more than 1,000 coral islands.
- Capital: Malé || Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa || President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih || Continent: Asia
1. Small Industries Development Bank of India with Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation
- Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) has inked an MoU with SIDBI for funding support to micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Small industrial Development Bank of India is a development financial institution in India, headquartered at Lucknow and having its offices all over the country.
- Headquarters location: Lucknow || Founded: 2 April 1990 || Agency executive: Mohammad Mustafa, IAS, (Chairman and Managing Director)
2. Zipline with Maharashtra Government
- Maharashtra Government has tied-up with US firm Zipline to use autonomous delivery drones to deliver emergency medicines and critical care across state.
- Zipline is an American medical product delivery company headquartered in South San Francisco, California, that designs, builds, and operates small drone aircraft for delivery of medical products, with a focus on providing services in Africa. The company operates two distribution centres in Rwanda and four in Ghana.
3. Zest Money with PayU
- ZestMoney has partnered with PayU for card less EMI payment option to consumers.
- ZestMoney: Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka || Formation: 2015 || CEO :Lizzie Chapman
- PayU: Founded: 2002 || Parent organization: Naspers || CEO :Laurent Le Moal || Headquarters: Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
4. Wipro with Bharat Earth Movers Limited
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited and Wipro Infrastructure Engineering have signed an MoU in the areas of aerospace, industrial automation, 3-D printing, artificial intelligence and hydraulic system engineering.
- Wipro Infrastructure Engineering is a diverse industrial engineering business with expertise spanning over Hydraulics, Aerospace, Water treatment, Additive manufacturing and Automation Solutions.
- BEML Limited, previously Bharat Earth Movers Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, with headquarters in Bengaluru. It manufactures a variety of heavy equipment, such as that used for earth moving, transport and mining.
- BEML: Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founded: May 1964, Bengaluru.
5. Takehiko Nakao resigns
- Asian Development Bank President Takehiko Nakao has announced his resignation.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
1. The All-Time List of Most Weeks in Top Spot in ATP Rankings
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia has started his 269th week at No. 1 in the ATP Rankings
- 1. Roger Federer with 310 Weeks
- 2. Pete Sampras with 286 Weeks
- 3. Ivan Lendl with Ivan Lendl Weeks
2. Swimmer Sarah Thomas
- American Swimmer Sarah Thomas became the first swimmer to make a quadruple back to back crossing of the English Channel, in a time of 54 hours 10 minutes.
- Sarah Thomas is an American marathon swimmer. On August 10, 2017 she swam 104.6 miles in Lake Champlain, gaining world records for the first current-neutral swim of over 100 miles, and the longest unassisted open-water swim.
3. Dinesh Mongia retires
- Cricketer Dinesh Mongia has announced retirement from all forms of cricket.
- Dinesh Mongia is a former Indian cricketer who has appeared in limited over internationals for India.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30