Daily Current Affairs 20 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Anti-Tank Guided Missile ‘HELINA’
- India has successfully tested Anti-Tank Guided Missile ‘HELINA’ from Pokhran.
- Guided bombs Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW) was also successfully flight tested in Jaisalmer Rajasthan.
2. Sadbhavana Diwas-Aug 20
- It is the birth anniversary of the former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi.
- Sadbhavana Diwas also known as Harmony Day is celebrated on August 20 each year across pan India
3. All India Cotton Conference
- All India Cotton Conference was held in Bathinda.
- The conference was organised by Indian Cotton Federation and Indian Cotton Association, Bathinda.
4. Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi is declared as the winner of Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award-2018.
- This is the 24th edition of Sadhavana Award.
1. United States Legion of Merit 2018
- General Dalbir Singh Suhag awarded United States Legion of Merit 2018.
- The Legion of Merit is a decoration of the United States of America and is awarded to foreign military personnel in four grades and to U.S. military personnel without distinction of degree.
2. International Conference on Recent Advances in Food Processing Technology
- The Conference held at Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (IFPT), Thanjavur ,Tamil Nadu.
- Theme of iCRAFPT 2018 is ‘Doubling farmers’ income through food processing’.
3. World Photography Day
- World Photography Day was observed on 19th August.
- The aim is to inspire photographers across the planet to share single photo with world.
1. MoveHack-NITI Aayog’s global mobility hackathon
- The hackathon was launched on 1st August 2018, has so far received more than 7,500 registrations for the 10 themes.
- MoveHack aims to bring about innovative, dynamic and scalable solutions to problems pertaining to mobility and transportation.
2. Face recognition to carry out Aadhaar Authentication
- UIDAI to roll-out of face recognition to carry out Aadhaar authentication from September 15, 2018
- The new feature ‘live face photo,’ is a live feed of person facial features.
3. India’s current account deficit
- According to a report by Nomura, India’s CAD is expected to increase to 2.8 per cent of the GDP in current fiscal year.
- The reason may be ‘Rising oil prices’, ‘Depreciating Rupee’.
4. PepsiCo to buy SodaStream
- The deal worth $3.2 billion.
- SodaStream is Israel-based at-home carbonated drink-maker.
1. Mitchell Johnson announced retirement
- Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has retired from all forms of cricket
- The Australia national cricket team is the joint oldest team in Test cricket history, having played in the first ever Test match in 1877.
2. Cincinnati Masters Final
- Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer 6-4, 6-4 in the final.
- Now Novak Djokovic is the only player to have won all 9 singles titles.
3. Asian Games-2018
- Wrestler Sushil Kumar is out of Asian Games after losing the first round.
- Indian shooters Apurvi Chandela and Ravi Kumar bagged the bronze medal in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team event.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,20 August
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15