Daily Current Affairs 20 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India’s International Aviation Safety Assessment Rating
- Acc. to Federal Aviation Administration, India has retained Highest Aviation Safety Ranking which is ‘Category 1’.
- The Federal Aviation Administration of the United States is a national authority with powers to regulate all aspects of civil aviation.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States || Jurisdiction: United States of America || Administrator: Daniel K. Elwell || Founder: United States Congress || Founded: 23 August 1958
2. ‘Shiksha Setu’ App
- ‘Shiksha Setu’ App is launched by Haryana Govt.
- This App will have all information related to attendance, fee, online admission and scholarships in all government colleges.
3. ‘Chuppi Tod’ App
- ‘Chuppi Tod’ App has been launched in Patna to fight against child marriage and sexual harassment.
- ‘Chuppi Tod’ (Break Your Silence) was launched by women rights campaigner Prashanti Tiwari.
4. Postage stamp on Rajkumar Shukla
- Department of Post released a postage stamp on Rajkumar Shukla in New Delhi.
- Raj Kumar Shukla was the person who convinced Mr. M.K. Gandhi to visit Champaran. He was born in 1875 at Satwaria village, in Champaran, where his Bhatt Brahman ancestors lived for 200 years. Mr. Shukla stated himself about this in front of Champaran agrarian committee.
1. International Human Solidarity Day
- International Human Solidarity Day is observed on December 20.
- The new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agenda is centred on people & planet, underpinned by human rights and supported by a global partnership determined to lift people out of poverty, hunger and disease.
2. Global Gender Gap Report 2018
- Global Gender Gap Report 2018 has been released by World Economic Forum .
- India has been ranked 108th in the report.
- The report ranks 149 countries on health, education, economic and political indicators, including wage equality, educational attainment and representation in cabinet.
- Iceland has topped the ranking followed by Norway then Sweden.
3. UN Human Rights Prize for 2018
- Asma Jahangir has been awarded the UN Human Rights Prize for 2018.
- Late Asma Jilani Jahangir was a Pakistani human rights lawyer and social activist who co-founded and chaired the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan.
4. Belgium Prime Minister has resigned
- Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel has resigned.
- The reason might be pressure on his government over his support for the UN global compact on migration.
- Belgium Capital: Brussels || Currency: Euro.
1. IDFC First Bank
- IDFC Bank and non-banking financial company (NBFC) Capital First have announced completion of their merger, creating a combined loan asset book of Rs 1.03 lakh crore for the merged entity IDFC First Bank.
- CEO :- V Vaidyanathan, founder and chairman of Capital First.
2. Chief of Workplace by Facebook
- Karandeep Anand has been named the Head of Workplace.
- Workplace is an enterprise connectivity platform developed by Facebook, Inc. It uses familiar tools like groups, instant messaging and News Feed to transform teamwork, communications, and culture.
3. Rural Development Ministry with Maruti Suzuki India
- Both have signed an MOU to train rural youth for skill development under Deendayal upadhyaya grameen kaushalya yojana.
- Rural Development Ministry:- Union Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar || Minister of State:Ram Kripal Yadav
4. Book ‘Changing India’
- Book ‘Changing India’ has been written by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- The writings is detailing Mr Manmohan Singh’s life as an economist as well as Prime Minister.
1. Tri Services Cycling and Trekking Expedition
- Indian Armed Forces has inaugurated Tri Services Cycling and Trekking Expedition in Sikkim.
- The Indian Armed Forces are the military forces of the Republic of India. It consists of three professional uniformed services: the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force.
- Minister of Defence: Nirmala Sitharaman || Commander-in-Chief: President Ram Nath Kovind || Ranks: Army; Air Force; Navy || Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee: Admiral Sunil Lanba
2. Geeta Iyengar passes away
- Geeta Iyengar, the eldest daughter of Yogacharya BKS Iyengar, was a yoga teacher credited with advancing yoga for women’s health.
- She has authored of the book ‘Yoga: A gem for women’.
- B.K.S. Iyengar, was the founder of the style of yoga known as “Iyengar Yoga” and was considered one of the foremost yoga teachers in the world.
3. Anup Kumar announces retirement
- Kabaddi player and India’s World Cup-winning captain, Anup Kumar has announced his retirement.
- Anup Kumar is a former Indian professional Kabaddi player. He was a member of the India national kabaddi team that won Asian gold medals in 2010 and 2014, one South Asian gold medal in 2016 and the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup. He was the captain of the Indian National Kabaddi Team.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15