Daily Current Affairs 20 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Nuclear-capable Agni II missile successfully test-fired
- The missile has a strike range of more than 2,000 km, can carry a payload of 1,000 kg.
- It has already been inducted into the armed forces.
2. No-trust motion against Centre as last resort : Andhra CM
- Andhra Pradesh CM N Chandrababu Naidu has said that he is ready for a no-confidence motion against the NDA govt to get justice for the state, but only as a last resort.
- This comes after the YSR Congress chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said that the party is ready to move a no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
3. All-woman crew operate Jaipur station
- The crew started operating the Gandhinagar Railway Station in Jaipur, in a first for Rajasthan.
- This is India’s second railway station with an all-woman crew, with the first being Matunga Railway Station in Mumbai.
1. Three UK cities partner to attract more tourists from India
- In a first-of-its-kind partnership, London, Manchester and Birmingham will collaborate on the ‘Experience England’ initiative to promote the best of English tourism.
- The cities have partnered to attract more tourists from India, China and the Gulf Cooperation Council.
2. Pakistan riskiest country to be born in : UNICEF
- Pakistan is the riskiest country to be born in as it accounted for the world’s highest newborn mortality rate in 2016.
- India has been ranked 12th among 52 lower-middle-income countries, with a 25.4 neonatal mortality rate.
3. Maldives Prez seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- Maldives President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom asked the Parliament to extend the state of emergency by 30 days amid the political unrest in the country.
- Gayoom had earlier declared a 15-day state of emergency under which the security forces were given sweeping powers to arrest and detain suspects.
1. You have destroyed my brand and business : Nirav Modi to PNB
- Nirav said that PNB’s anxiety to recover dues immediately has closed all his options to pay back.
- He said that the matter is being described as India’s largest banking fraud which is far from truth.
2. CBI raids Rotomac Pens’ owner over Rs.800 cr loan fraud
- The CBI conducted raids at 3 properties in Kanpur in connection with Vikram Kothari after it was reported that he failed to repay loans from state-owned banks.
- He took loans from banks including Allahabad Bank, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda.
3. Unknown person now Bitcoin billionaire post $344M investment
- The investor had purchased 41,000 Bitcoins at an average of $8400 taking his total count to 96,000 Bitcoins.
- Since then, Bitcoin price has surged by nearly 37% taking net worth of his Bitcoins to $1.1 bn.
1. Kohli has highest rating points for any batsmen in 27 yrs
- Virat Kohli achieved 909 points after the SA ODI series.
- Kohli is also the first Indian to cross 900 points in the 50-over format.
2. Sardar Singh back as India hockey captain for Azlan Shah Cup
- Sardar Singh is the captain of a 28-member Indian squad for the 27th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup to be held in Ipoh, Malaysia.
- He was dropped from the team including the Hockey World League Final in Bhubaneswar.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 20 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14