Daily Current Affairs 20 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. First Cremation Ground for Cows
- India’s first Cremation Ground for cows will be in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Bhopal is a city in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It’s one of India’s greenest cities. There are two main lakes, the Upper Lake and the Lower Lake. On the banks of the Upper Lake is Van Vihar National Park, home to tigers, lions and leopards. The State Museum has fossils, paintings and rare Jain sculptures. Taj-ul-Masjid is one of Asia’s largest mosques, with white domes, minarets and a huge courtyard.
2. ‘Haryana Bhawan’ at the ‘Statue of Unity’
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar has laid the foundation stone of ‘Haryana Bhawan’ at the “Statue of Unity” complex in Kevadiya, Gujarat.
- It is the first state of the country that has laid the foundation stone of its state house here.
- The Statue of Unity is a colossal statue of Indian statesman and independence activist Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel who was the first Home minister of India.
- Ram Vanji Suthar is an Indian sculptor. He is the recipient of Padma Bhushan in 2016 and Padma Shri in 1999 for his contribution in the field of arts. He also designed the Statue of Unity which it is the world’s tallest statue at the height of 182 metres (597 feet) exceeding the Spring Temple Buddha by 54 meters.
3. India’s First B.Tech in Artificial Intelligence
- IIT Hyderabad will offer B.Tech program in Artificial Intelligence from academic year 2019-20.
- It is first of its kind in India and 3rd in the world besides Carnegie Mellon University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
4. UNNATI programme by ISRO
- Minister of State (Department of Space) Jitendra Singh has inaugurated UNNATI programme of ISRO in Bengaluru.
- UNNATI :- Unispace Nanosatellite Assembly and Training programme.
- It is as part of initiative by United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs.
- In June 2018 the international community will gather in Vienna for UNISPACE+50. UNISPACE+50 will celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the first United Nations Conference on the Exploration and Peaceful Uses of Outer Space. It will also be an opportunity for the international community to gather and consider the future course of global space cooperation for the benefit of humankind.
1. New Swedish Prime Minister
- Stefan Lofven has been elected for a second term as Swedish Prime Minister.
- Capital: Stockholm || Currency: Swedish krona
2. Global Risk Report, 2019
- The 14th edition of its annual Global Risk Report, 2019 is released by World Economic Forum.
- The findings are based on the annual Global Risks Perception Survey.
- The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit organization. It gained formal status in January 2015 under the Swiss Host-State Act, confirming the role of the Forum as an International Institution for Public-Private Cooperation.
3. MOU between India and Uzbekistan
- 1. Uranium Import for India.
- 2. $200 million Loan from India for infrastructure projects in Uzbekistan.
4. ASEAN-India Tourism Ministers meeting
- The 7th ASEAN-India Tourism Ministers meeting was held in Vietnam.
- It was attended by Union Minister for Tourism, KJ Alphons.
1. New Director General of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security
- Rakesh Asthana has been appointed as the new Director General of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security.
- The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security is an attached office of the Ministry of Civil Aviation. It is the regulatory authority for civil aviation security in India. It is headed by an officer of the rank of Director general of police and is designated as Commissioner of Security.
2. Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- Acc. to Ministry of Labour and Employment, PMRPY has crossed the milestone of 1 crore beneficiaries.
- The PMRPY Scheme aims to incentivise employers for employment generation by the Government paying the employers’ EPS contribution of 8.33%, for the new employees, for the first three years of their employment and is proposed to be made applicable for unemployed persons that are semi-skilled and unskilled. The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Labour and Employment and is operational since August, 2016.
3. Sheikh Saud International Prize for Materials Research
- Indian scientist CNR Rao has been conferred with the first Sheikh Saud International Prize for Materials Research.
- It is presented by the Centre for Advanced Materials of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
4. World Capital of Architecture for 2020
- UNESCO has named Rio de Janeiro as the World Capital of Architecture for 2020.
- UNESCO :- Headquarters: Paris, France || Director-General: Audrey Azoulay
1. 2019 AFC Asian Cup
- Japan and China are in quarterfinals.
- The 2019 AFC Asian Cup is the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Asia organised by the Asian Football Confederation. It is being held in the United Arab Emirates from 5 January to 1 February 2019.
2. South Asian Games
- The 2019 South Asian Games, officially the XIII South Asian Games, is a major multi-sport event which will take place in 9–18 March 2019 in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Nepal.
- The 2016 South Asian Games, officially the XII South Asian Games, is a major multi-sport event which took place from 5 February to 16 February 2016 in Guwahati and Shillong, India.
- India continued its dominance in the game’s medal tally with a staggering 308 medals including 188 gold medals.
3. ICC Test Rankings
- India, with 116 points, stayed as the No 1
- Virat Kohli with 922 points followed by Kane Williamson of New Zealand with 897.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15