Daily Current Affairs 20 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 10th Edition of Delhi Dialogue
- The 10th edition of the Delhi Dialogue began between India and ASEAN in New Delhi.
- The theme is ‘Strengthening India-ASEAN Maritime Co-operation’.
2. Samagra Shiksha Scheme
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has announced ‘Padhe Bharat- Badhe Bharat’ an initiative to promote reading culture among students. The initiative has been launched under ‘Samagra Shiksha’.
- Under this initiative, government will give an annual library grant to schools to allow students widen their ambit of learning.
3. Andhra Pradesh government launched the ePragati Core Platform
- Ernst and Young and Andhra Pradesh government launched the ePragati Core Platform, a new initiative to accelerate the digital transformation journey in the state.
- Ernst & Young is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, England. EY is one of the largest professional services firms in the world and is one of the “Big Four” accounting firms.
1. Exercise Pitch Black
- Indian Air Force is to participate in Exercise Pitch Black, a three-week multinational warfare exercise hosted by the Royal Australian Air Force.
- This is the first time Indian Air Force is going to participate in this exercise.
2. 8th BRICS Health Ministers’ Meeting
- J P Nadda addresses 8th BRICS Health Ministers’ Meeting at Durban.
- India affirms strong support for TB cooperation plan in every aspect. India’s achievement in reducing the maternal mortality ratio (MMR) by 77%, from 556 per 100000 live births in 1990 to 130 per 100 000 live births in 2016
3. Israel to be as a nation-state of the Jewish people
- Israel’s Parliament approved a controversial decision that defines the country as the nation-state of the Jewish people.
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the legislation’s passage a “historic moment in the history of Zionism and the history of the state of Israel.”
4. 2018 ‘Soft Power 30’ index
- The UK has topped 2018 ‘Soft Power 30′ index, an annual Global Ranking of Nations’ Soft Power.
- This ranking does not feature India.
1. NTPC signed Rs. 1,500 crore loan agreement with HDFC Bank
- The loan has a tenure of 15 years and will be utilised to partly finance capital expenditure of NTPC.
- NTPC :- Founded: 1975 , Headquarters: New Delhi, India ,Owner: Government of India ,Purpose: Electricity generation and distribution natural gas exploration, production, transportation and distribution
2. 1st All-Women Branch Inaugurated At Jammu And Kashmir Bank
- Usha Vohra e-inaugurated the first ‘All-Women Branch of Jammu and Kashmir Bank’ at a function organised at the Sher-i-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC).
- Parvez Ahmad is the chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Bank.
3. BSE’s Phiroze Jeejeebhoy Towers to be as a secured trademark
- BSE Towers located at Dalal Street in Mumbai was soon renamed after the late chairman of BSE, Sir Phiroze Jamshedji Jeejeebhoy.It was founded in 1875 and began as a small group of brokers who functioned under a banyan tree on Dalal Street.
- BSE is Asia’s first stock exchange. || CEO: Ashish Chauhan.
4. NABARD 2018 award
- Repco Micro Finance Ltd received NABARD 2018 award
- It got this Award for its service to self-help group (SHG) linkage in Tamil Nadu.
1. ICC ODI player rankings
- Skipper Virat Kohli topped the chart by touching a career-high 911 points. Joe Root is at the No.2 spot
- Jasprit Bumrah ranked No:1 in bowling with 775 points.
2. 7 New Sports Events to be added Beijing Winter Games 2022.
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) has added seven medal events to the 2022 Beijing Winter Games.
- This will now include women’s monobob, Big Air freestyle skiing for men and women, plus mixed team events in short track speed skating, ski jumping, ski aerials and snowboard cross.
3. Alisson Becker became the world’s most expensive goalkeeper
- Liverpool FC signed Alisson Becker for a deal estimated to be worth just under ₹600 crore (£66.8 million).
- He broke the record that was previously set in 2001 by Italy’s Gianluigi Buffon, who was bought by Juventus for €53 million from Parma.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15