Daily Current Affairs 20 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 20 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 20 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 20 June 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Government Launches Mobile App “Celebrating Yoga”.
- Minister for Science & Technology Dr. Harshvardhan launched a Mobile App “Celebrating Yoga” developed by Department of Science & Technology in New Delhi.
- The purpose of the APP is to popularise Yoga and encourage people to participate in it for a scientifically healthy living.
- It provides a platform to share information and insights about peoples’ participation in Yoga activities on the occasion of the International Yoga Day 2017, create awareness and encourage a scientifically healthy living.
- The App will be connected with Google Maps where shared information can been seen by the users.
- International Yoga Day – June 21
2. Ram Nath Kovind resigns as Bihar Governor.
- Ram Nath Kovind has resigned from governor’s post as BJP yesterday announced his name for the president’s post.
- He was made Governor just before Bihar went to polls in 2015.
- He is a low-profile Dalit leader and a two-term BJP Rajya Sabha member,
- West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi has been given the additional charge of Bihar.
3. Telangana govt sets up 1000 WiFi hotspots.
- Telangana government has launched the ‘Hyderabad City Wi-Fi’ project, providing the wireless networking technology at over 1,000 public places in the city.
- People can use the service free for 30 minutes with broadband speeds in the range of 5-10 Mbps.
- The government has tied up with BSNL, Airtel, ACT Fibernet and other ISPs to set up the Wi-Fi network, called Hy-Fi or Hyderabad City Wi-Fi Project.
- In June 2015, under the ‘Digital Telangana’ umbrella, the government had launched the pilot version of the ‘Hyderabad City Wi-Fi’ project.
- Chief Minister of Telangana – K. Chandrashekar Rao
4. Mangalyaan completes 1000 Earth days.
- Mars Orbiter Mission, India’s first interplanetary mission and low-cost Mars spacecraft has completed 1,000 Earth days in Martian orbit.
- It was launched on November 5, 2013 by PSLV-C25 and entered the Martian orbit on September 24, 2014 in its first attempt.
- The scientific analysis of the data received from the Mars Orbiter spacecraft is in progress.
- The Mars Colour Camera, one of the scientific payloads onboard MOM, has produced more than 715 images so far.
- Chairman of ISRO – AS Kiran Kumar.
1. UNICEF appoints Syrian as Goodwill Ambassador.
- On the eve of World Refugee Day, UNICEF announced the appointment of Muzoon Almellehan, a 19-year-old education activist and Syrian refugee, as its Goodwill Ambassador.
- She is the youngest Goodwill ambassador ever.
- It also makes her the first person with official refugee status to become an Ambassador for UNICEF.
- Muzoon fled the conflict in Syria along with her family in 2013. It was during her 18 months in the Za’atari camp that she began advocating for children’s access to education, particularly for girls.
- She has been working to promote understanding of the challenges children affected and uprooted by conflict face in accessing education.
- Headquarters of UNICEF – New York, United States
2. Australia suspends its air strikes into Syria.
- Australia has suspended its air strikes into Syria following the US downing of a Syrian military jet.
- Australia has suspended its airstrikes against ISIS targets in Syria as a precaution after Russia threatened it would treat any US-led coalition aircraft flying west of the Euphrates River as potential targets.
- As a precautionary measure, Australian defence force strike operations into Syria have temporarily ceased.
- Australia has six fighter jets based in the United Arab Emirates that strike targets in Syria and Iraq.
- Prime Minister of Australia – Malcolm Turnbull
1. Reliance Defence inks pact with Yugoimport.
- Reliance Defence Ammunition has entered a strategic partnership with Serbia’s state-run defence major Yugoimport to manufacture ammunition in India and target business opportunities of Rs 20,000 crore over the next 10 years.
- Reliance Defence Ammunition will also undertake joint development of next generation ammunition to meet the future requirements of the Indian armed forces.
- A greenfield facility for the production of ammunition has been produced by Reliance Defence.
- CEO of Reliance Defence – H.S. Malhi
1. Indian Wushu team clinches six medals.
- India won six medals including two golds, two silvers and two bronzes in the Wushu competition of the BRICS Games held in china.
- Gyandas and Anjul Namdev won one gold each and two silver medals came through Bidheswari Devi and Toshibala while L. Sanatgombhi Chanu and Sajan Lama settled for bronze.
- It featured some 300 athletes from five countries- Brazil, China, India, Russia and South Africa with 10 events in 3 sports – men’s basketball, women’s volleyball and Wushu.
- The launch of the first BRICS Games marked an important consensus reached at the 8th BRICS summit in Goa, India, last October.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30