Daily Current Affairs 20 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘i-help’ Initiative
- ‘i-help’ Initiative has launched in Assam to promote Digital Electoral Literacy.
- Assam :- Capital: Dispur || Official song: O Mur Apunar Desh || Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal || Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
2. International workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure
- International workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure has started in New Delhi.
- It is being organised by National Disaster Management Authority in collaboration with United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- The aim is to identify good practices of disaster risk management in key infrastructure sectors.
3. Automotive Tyre Manufacturers’ Association
- K M Mammen has been elected as the Chairman Of Automotive Tyre Manufacturers’ Association (ATMA)
- K.M. Mammen is currently Chief Managing Director of MRF Tyres.
- Madras Rubber Factory Limited, commonly known by the abbreviation MRF, is an Indian multinational and the largest manufacturer of tyres in India and the fourteenth largest manufacturer in the world. It is headquartered in Chennai, India.
4. 28th Vyas Samman for 2018
- Noted Hindi writer Leeladhar Jagudi will be conferred with the Vyas Samman for 2018.
- It is for his collection of poems ‘Jitne Log Utne Prem.’
- In 2017, It was given to Mamta Kalia for Sukkham Dukkham (Novel)
- The Vyas Samman is a literary award in India, first awarded in 1991. It is awarded annually by the K.K. Birla Foundation and includes a cash pay-out of Rs 350000.
1. India-Africa Partnership Project
- Prime Minister of Guinea Dr. Ibrahima Kassory Fofana has addressed the inaugural session of 14th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Partnership Project in New Delhi.
- Guinea Capital: Conakry, Currency: Guinean franc.
2. Exercise AFINDEX-19
- Africa-India Field Training Exercise AFINDEX-19 has started at Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- Contingents of the 17 African Nations with Contingent of Maratha Light Infantry representing India.
3. Maldives Finance Ministry with EXIM Bank
- Maldives Finance Ministry has signed an agreement with EXIM Bank for line of credit of 800 million USD.
- The aim is to finance Infrastructure Projects of Maldives’ Government.
- Maldives Capital: Male || Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- Export–Import Bank of India is a finance institution in India, established in 1982 under Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981. Since its inception, Exim Bank of India has been both a catalyst and a key player in the promotion of cross border trade and investment.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: David Rasquinha || Founded: 1982 || Managing director: David Rasquinha
4. World Sparrow Day
- World Sparrow Day is observed on 20 March.
- World Sparrow Day is a day designated to raise awareness of the house sparrow and then other common birds to urban environments, and of threats to their populations.
- Theme :- ‘I LOVE Sparrows’.
1. Ola With Telangana Govt.
- Ola has signed an MoU with Government of Telangana to implement Smart Traffic Solutions.
- Ola Cabs, is an Indian origin online transportation network company developed by ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd. As of December 2018, Ola was valued at about $5.7 billion. A variety of venture capitalists including Softbank have large stakes in the company.
- Founded: 3 December 2010, Mumbai || CEO: Bhavish Aggarwal || Headquarters location: Bengaluru || Founders: Bhavish Aggarwal, Ankit Bhati
2. Forbes’ The World’s Richest Sports Team Owners 2019 list
- 1. Mukesh Ambani with IPL team Mumbai Indians.
- 2. Former Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer with Los Angeles Clippers Basketball team.
- 3. Red Bull Company Founder Dietrich Mateschitz with Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda, Formula One team Red Bull Racing and MLS club New York Red Bulls.
- Forbes is an American business magazine. Published bi-weekly, it features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics. Forbes also reports on related subjects such as technology, communications, science, politics, and law. Its headquarters is located in Jersey City, New Jersey.
3. Hyundai Motor and Kia Motors with Ola
- Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors Corporation will invest a total of $ 300 million in Ola.
- The Hyundai Motor Company, commonly known as Hyundai Motors, is a South Korean multinational automotive manufacturer headquartered in Seoul.
- Kia Motors Corporation, commonly known as Kia Motors, headquartered in Seoul, is South Korea’s second-largest automobile manufacturer, following the Hyundai Motor Company.
4. Abel Prize
- Karen Uhlenbeck of USA has become first woman to win Abel Prize.
- Karen Keskulla Uhlenbeck is an American mathematician. She is a professor emeritus of mathematics at the University of Texas at Austin, where she held the Sid W. Richardson Foundation Regents Chair.
- The Abel Prize is a Norwegian prize awarded annually by the King of Norway to one or more outstanding mathematicians.
- It is named after Norwegian mathematician Niels Henrik Abel and directly modelled after the Nobel Prizes. It comes with a monetary award of 6 million Norwegian Kroner.
1. Asian Youth Athletics Championships
- Asian Youth Championship 2019 has concluded in Hong Kong.
- Indian Youth Team is at 2nd position with a total of 26 Medals(8 Gold, 9 Silver and 9 Bronze).
- China has topped the Medals Tally with 31 medals (12 Gold, 11 Silver and 8 Bronze).
2. 24-team Club World Cup
- FIFA President Gianni Infantino has confirmed to launch an expanded 24-team Club World Cup in 2021.
- The Current FIFA Club World Cup is an international men’s association football competition organised by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association, the sport’s global governing body. The tournament officially assigns the world title. The competition was first contested in 2000 as the FIFA Club World Championship.
- Most teams qualify to the FIFA Club World Cup by winning their continental competitions, be it the Asian AFC Champions League, African CAF Champions League, North American CONCACAF Champions League, South American Copa Libertadores, Oceanian OFC Champions League or European UEFA Champions League. Aside from these, the host nation’s national league champions qualify as well.
- Current champion: Real Madrid C.F. (4th title) || Most successful club(s): Real Madrid; (4 titles) || Number of teams: 7 (from 6 confederations) || Founded: 2000, Brazil
3. Fabio Cannavaro to coach China
- Fabio Cannavaro has been named as China’s new Head Coach of Football Team.
- Fabio Cannavaro is an Italian former professional footballer who is the manager of Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande and China national team.
- Fabio Cannavaro won World Cup with Italy in 2006.
4. 2019 Swiss Open Championship Badminton
- Men’s Singles :- Winner: Shi Yuki (China) || Runner Up: B Sai Praneet (India)
- Women’s Singles :- Winner: Chen Yufei (China) || Runner Up : Saena Kawakami (Japan)
- The 2019 Swiss Open is a badminton tournament was took place in Basel, Switzerland.
- It has a total purse of $150000.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15