Daily Current Affairs 20 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Tripura govt reserves posts for women
- 10% reservation will be introduced for women at all levels in the police department.
- Written test is made mandatory to ensure transparency in recruitment.
2. Petrol price hits all-time high
- The petrol price touched Rs.76.24/l in Delhi.
- Diesel is priced at Rs.67.57/l.
3. Punjab hospital to treat Thalassemia patients
- The hospital will use goat blood to ensure that the patient’s haemoglobin levels do not drop.
- The project will be launched at a govt-run Ayurveda hospital in 5 months.
4. Ramalingam appointed as Chief Justice
- Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar was appointed as the CJ of HC at Manipur.
- He is appointed by the President of India.
1. Israel builds a missile fence
- Israel has built the missile net along its border with Jordan to protect its new airport.
- The fence is designed to intercept projectiles and surface-to-surface missiles.
2. China agrees to increase US imports
- This is in an attempt to reduce US’ 375 bn dollar trade deficit.
- It comes after Trump threatened to impose tariffs on China if trade surplus is not reduced by USD 200 bn by 2020.
3. Nepal’s communist parties unite
- United Marxist Leninist and Maoist Centre merged to form the biggest left party.
- The respective central committees dissolved before registering at the Election Commission.
1. TDS to be submitted before May 31
- The IT Dept has warned entities to file before the deadline which is May 31.
- Entities have to pay a fine of Rs.200 for each day of default.
2. Govt earns Rs.1,400 cr from e-visas
- Since its launch in 2014, the govt has earned Rs.1,400 cr.
- E-visas are offered to citizens from 163 countries and can stay up to 60 days.
3. Commonwealth bank admits to manipulation
- The bank has admitted to manipulation of children’s accounts by staff.
- It was done to inflate their bonuses and hit performance targets.
1. Pant 1st batman to hit 100 boundaries
- Rishabh Pant is the 1st batsman to hit 100-plus boundaries in IPL 2018.
- He is the 4th person to do so after Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli and David Warner.
2. Buffon ends his career at club
- Italy’s goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon ended his 17-yr career.
- He kept goal for the Turin club across 656 matches.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15