Daily Current Affairs 20 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Ex-Union Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi dies after 9-year coma.
- Congress leader and former Union Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi died aged 72, after being in Coma for 9-years.
- Dasmunsi served as the All India Football Federation President for almost 20 years and was the first Indian to serve as a match commissioner in a FIFA World Cup game.
2.India cancels USD 500 mn Israel deal to promote Indian missile.
- The Indian Defence Ministry has cancelled a USD 500 mn deal aimed at acquiring Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) from Israel, in a bid to promote indigenously developed missile.
- India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will now produce the Man-Portable ATGM within 3-4 years.
3.Delhi to form ‘Mahila Surakha Dals’.
- To curb crimes against women in the National Capital, Delhi government will form ‘Mahila Surakhsa Dals’.
- These Mahila Surakhsa Dals will comprise representatives of the local community, both men and women, besides civil defence volunteers and will work at the grass-root level.
1. Nilekanis pledge to donate half of their USD 1.7 bn.
- Infosys Co-founder Nandan Nilekani and his wife Rohini have committed to donate half of their estimated USD 1.7 bn wealth to charity by joining ‘The Giving Pledge’ initiative.
- The movement was pioneered by Bill Gates with wife Melinda Gates, and Warren Buffet seven years ago.
2.China offers help to resolve Rohingya crisis.
- China has offered to help Myanmar and Bangladesh resolve the Rohingya crisis.
- In his official statement Chinese Foreign Minister also called for the economic development of Myanmar’s violence hit Rakhine state.
1.RBL opens all women branch in Chennai.
- Private sector RBL bank has set up an all women branch in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The branch would be managed by eight women and offer all products and services across liability and assets.
2.International conference on Petroleum held in Jaipur.
- The 12th Biennial International Conference & Exposition of Society of Petroleum Geophysicists (SPG) India was inaugurated by Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship at Jaipur.
- The theme of conference was “Energy trough Synergy”.
3.India signs loan agreement with WB for USD 100 mn.
- A Guarantee Agreement for loan of USD 98 million and Grant Agreement for USD 2 million for the “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” was signed with the World Bank.
- The project will help establish large-scale solar parks and support the government’s plan to install 100 Gigawatts (GW) of solar power out of a total renewable-energy target of 175 GW by 2022.
1.Grigor Dimitrov beats Goffin to lift ATP finals title.
- Grigor Dimitrov has won the ATP Finals Title in London, UK.
- Dimitrov claimed his first Masters title in Cincinnati in August, and having risen to a career high No.3 ranking with victory in London.
2.Kohli second Indian after Sachin to hit 50 international centuries.
- Indian captain Virat Kohli became the second Indian after Sachin Tendulkar to score 50 international centuries, registering his 18th Test century against Sri Lanka in the first Test.
- This was Kohli’s 9th international ton in 2017, the most by him in any year.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15