Daily Current Affairs 20 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Welfare of Minorities Day
- Welfare of Minorities Day was observed on 20th November.
- This was observed under Qaumi Ekta Week (Communal Harmony Week).
2. Book ‘Radio Kashmir – In Times of Peace & War’
- Dr Jitendra Singh has released book ‘Radio Kashmir–In Times of Peace & War’ which is written by Dr Rajesh Bhat.
- The book is on the significant role played by the media in safeguarding the strategic interest of the Government and the masses by addressing the core issues concerning the welfare and security of a nation.
3. JashneBachpan-A theatre festival
- The 14th edition of JashneBachpan-A theatre festival for children was held in New Delhi.
- It was organised at National School of Drama, New Delhi.
4. Universal Acceptance Thought Leader award
- Universal Acceptance Steering Group has conferred “Universal Acceptance Thought Leader award” to Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje.
- The award is given for Rajmail email service for citizens of Rajasthan in local script.
1. World Toilet Day 2018
- World Toilet Day was observed on November 19.
- Theme :- ‘When Nature Calls’.
2. International Men’s Day
- International Men’s Day was observed on November 19.
- Theme :- ‘Positive Male Role Models’.
3. Indo-Japan Business Council
- First Indo-Japan Business Council- KONNICHI WA PUNE was concluded in Pune, Maharashtra.
- It was aimed to boost investment, promote businesses and cultural exchange between India and Japan.
1. Chairman of Inland Waterways Authority of India
- Jalaj Srivastava has been appointed as chairman of Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI).
- Jalaj Srivastava is a 1984 batch Indian Administrative Service officer.
2. Ease of Doing Business Grand Challenge
- Prime Minister Modi has launched Ease of Doing Business Grand Challenge.
- The aim of this Challenge is to tap the potential of young Indians, start-ups and other private enterprises to provide solutions to complex problems using current technology.
3. A meeting of the Board of Directors of RBI
- a meeting of the Board of Directors of RBI was headed by Governor Urjit Patel.
- Issue Discussed :- Liquidity for NBFCs, credit for MSMEs and new economic capital framework.
- Members of RBI Board :
- Governor : Urjit Patel
- 4 Deputy Governors : NS Vishwanathan || Viral Acharya || B P Kanungo || M Kumar Jain
- 2 ex-officio Members : S C Garg (Department of Economic Affairs) || Rajiv Kumar (Department of Financial Services)
- Independent Members : N Chandrasekaran (Tata Sons Chairman)
1. European Tour Rookie of the Year award
- Golfer Shubhankar Sharma has become the first Indian to win the tours Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year award.
- Shubhankar Sharma is a professional golfer from India currently playing on the Asian Tour. In December 2017, he recorded his first tour win in the Joburg Open and followed this with a second win at the Maybank Championship in February 2018. He studied at Bal Bhavan School, Bhopal.
2. Twins of Ireland cricket team
- Twins Isobel Joyce and Cecelia Joyce have announced their retirement from International Women Cricket.
- This came following loss at the hands of New Zealand in final Group stage match in the ongoing ICC Women’s World T20.
3. Hockey World Cup 2018
- A R Rahman has released the promo video of the Hockey World Cup 2018, featuring Actor Shah Rukh Khan.
- The name of track is ‘Jai Hind, Jai India’.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15