Daily Current Affairs 20 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. GI tag for Darjeeling’s Green and White Teas
- Geographical Indication Tag for Darjeeling’s Green and White Teas has been accorded.
- It has been registered under Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act 1999, with effect from October 2019.
- Darjeeling tea is a tea grown in the Darjeeling district, Kalimpong District in West Bengal, India, and widely exported and known. It is processed as black, green, white and oolong tea. When properly brewed, it yields a thin-bodied, light-coloured infusion with a floral aroma.
2. Exercise Sindhu Sudarshan
- The Sudarshan Chakra Corps of Indian Army has conducted ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’ exercise in Barmer, Rajasthan.
- Motto of Indian Army: “Service Before Self” || Founded: 1 April 1895 || Headquarters: New Delhi.
3. SARAS India International Trade Fair Mela 2019
- Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Agriculture Narendra Singh Tomar has inaugurated the SARAS India International Trade Fair(IITF) Mela 2019 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- Aim: Empowering rural women through Self-Help Groups is one of the top priorities of the government.
4. Visiting Chair in memory of TN Seshan
- Election Commission of India will establish a visiting chair in memory of Former Chief Election Commissioner TN Seshan.
- Election Commission formed: 25 January 1950 (National Voter’s Day) || Headquarters of Election Commission: New Delhi. || Chief Election Commissioner: Sunil Arora.
1. World Toilet Day
- World Toilet Day is an official United Nations international observance day on 19 November to inspire action to tackle the global sanitation crisis.
- Worldwide, 4.2 billion people live without “safely managed sanitation” and around 673 million people practise open defecation.
- Theme: ‘Leaving No One Behind’.
2. Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine (TCV)
- Pakistan has become first country in the world to induct a new Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine (TCV) to combat typhoid.
- President: Arif Alvi || Capital: Islamabad || Currency: Pakistani rupee || Prime minister: Imran Khan || Population: 19.7 crores (2017)
3. World Children’s Day
- World Children’s Day was first established in 1954 as Universal Children’s Day and is celebrated on 20 November each year.
- Aim: To promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children’s welfare.
- Theme: ‘Children of today, our keepers tomorrow’.
4. International Men’s Day 2019
- International Men’s Day is celebrated annually on 19 November.
- Every year on International Women’s Day, comedian Richard Herring makes it his mission to educate naysayers on the existence of International Men’s Day.
- Theme: ‘Making a Difference for Men and Boys’.
- 8 March, International Women’s Day.
1. IMD World Talent Ranking Report
- The World Talent Ranking report for the year 2019 was released by International Institute of Management Development.
- India was ranked at 59th position in the World Talent Ranking report for the year 2019 by IMD.
- Top Three
- 1. Switzerland
- 2. Denmark
- 3. Sweden
- International Institute for Management Development is a business education school located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is not part of a university, and offers MBA and Executive MBA programs as well as executive education.
- President: Jean-Francois Manzoni || Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
2. ICICI Lombard with Fino Payments Bank
- ICICI Lombard has partnered with Fino Payments Bank to offer sachet based insurance products.
- Fino Payments Bank: CEO: Rishi Gupta || Headquarters location: Mumbai || Founded: 13 July 2006
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited is a general insurance company in India. It is engaged in general insurance, reinsurance, insurance claims management and investment management.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: Bhargav Dasgupta
1. Indonesia Open TT Championship
- Harmeet Desai of India has won men’s singles title at International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Challenge Indonesia Open 2019.
- He defeated compatriot Amalraj Anthony at ITTF Challenge Indonesia Open 2019 Table Tennis tournament held at Batam, Indonesia.
2. New member of AIBA athletes commission
- Boxer Laishram Sarita Devi of Manipur was elected as members of AIBA Athletes Commission.
- Laishram Sarita Devi of Manipur is among the 6 boxers from 5 continents who were elected.
- The International Boxing Association or AIBA, originally the Association Internationale de Boxe Amateur, is a sport organization that sanctions amateur boxing matches and awards world and subordinate championships.
- President: Gafur Rakhimov || Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || Founded: 1946
3. National Shooting Championship
- The 63rd edition of National Shooting Championship is being held in New Delhi.
- Shooter Shreyasi Singh is crowned National Champion in Women’s Trap Event.