Daily Current Affairs 20 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ’75th Year of Establishment of Azad Hind Government’
- PM Modi would be hoisting the National flag to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the formation of Azad Hind Government on 21st October 2018 at the Red Fort Delhi.
- Azad Hind Government was founded on 21st October, 1943 was inspired by Neta ji Subhash Chandra Bose who was the leader of Azad Hind Government and also the Head of State of this Provisional Indian Government-in-exile.
2. Kati Bihu festival
- Assam has celebrated 3rd Bihu festival known as the ‘Kati Bihu’ festival.
- Bihu is the chief festival in the Assam state of India. It refers to a set of three different festivals: Rongali or Bohag Bihu observed in April, Kongali or Kati Bihu observed in October, and Bhogali or Magh Bihu observed in January.
3. Roudram App
- Actor Kamal Hassan inaugurated a mobile app called Roudram for women safety.
- Kamal Hassan’s Political party: Makkal Needhi Maiam
4. 40% of the world’s stunted children in India
- Acc. to a report on ‘Public Health and Nutrition – Freeing Future Generations from Malnutrition’ by NGO Sukarya, There are more than 40 % of the world’s stunted children in India.
- Stunting is another form of growth failure. Chronic malnutrition occurs over time, unlike acute malnutrition. A child who is stunted or chronically malnourished often appears to be normally proportioned but is actually shorter than normal for his/her age.
- Stunting, or short height for age, and wasting, or low weight for length/height, are important public health indicators. A third indicator, underweight, or low weight for age, combines information about linear growth retardation and weight for length/height.
1. Fourth annual Carnot Prize
- Kleinman Center for Energy Policy at the University of Pennsylvania School of Design awarded its fourth annual Carnot Prize to Piyush Goyal (Minister of Railways & Coal and former Minister of Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines)GOI.
- The Carnot Prize is the Kleinman Center’s annual recognition of distinguished contributions to energy policy through scholarship or practice.
- Carnot Prize is named after French physicist Nicolas Sadi Carnot.
- PS for Engineers :- Hope you remembered ‘Carnot heat engine and cycle theorem’ in your 12th.
2. World Osteoporosis Day
- World Osteoporosis Day is observed on October 20 by the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF).
- The aim is to create awareness about osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease.
3. Fulpati festival
- Nepal has celebrated the festival of Fulpati.
- It is the seventh day of 10-day long Dashain festival which is the biggest festival of Nepal.
4. 2019 Breakthrough Prize
- Seventh annual Breakthrough Prize ceremony -‘Oscars of Science’ will be held at NASA Research Center, Mountain View, California.
- 9 recipients will be conferred ‘2019 Breakthrough Prize’ by Breakthrough Prize Foundation.
1. World’s largest IT firm servicing banks
- Accenture has become world’s largest IT firm servicing in banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector.
- Accenture has replaced TCS.
2. ICFRE with Navodaya Vidyalaya and Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education has inked two MoUs with Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
- The aim is to launch ‘Prakriti’ programme, to promote awareness about forests and environment.
3. ‘OneerTM’-Water Disinfection System
- It is developed by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research (CSIR-IITR), Lucknow.
- CSIR :- Director General – Dr. Shkekar C Mande || Corporate Office – New Delhi.
4. 8th European Congress on SMEs
- 8th European Congress on SMEs was held in Kotawice, Poland.
- Theme :- ‘Science- Business-Self Government TOGETHER FOR ECONOMY’.
- Poland:- Capital: Warsaw || Currency: Polish zloty.
1. Largest contract in the history of sports
- Professional Boxer Canelo Alvarez signed the largest contract in the history of sports.
- It will be of a five-year with 11-fight deal worth at $365 million least.
2. Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Mumbai has defeat Delhi to won 3rd Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- The Vijay Hazare Trophy, also known as the Ranji One Day Trophy, was started in 2002–03 as a limited-overs cricket domestic competition involving state teams from the Ranji Trophy plates. It is named after the famous Indian cricketer Vijay Hazare. Tamil Nadu have won the trophy 5 times.
3. Buenos Aires 2018 Summer Youth Olympic Games
- India were ranked 17th on the medals tally in 2018 Summer Youth Olympics.
- India’s Position || Gold 3 || Silver 9 || Bronze 1.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15