Daily Current Affairs 20 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Tactical Missile ‘Prahar’
- DRDO successfully flight tested the indigenously developed surface-to-surface tactical missile ‘Prahar’
- The launch had taken place at Launch Complex-III, ITR, Balasore, Odisha.
2. Portals to strengthen Women Safety
- Cyber Crime Prevention against Women and Children (CCPWC) portal :- to check objectionable online content.
- National Database on Sexual Offenders (NDSO) :- to aid in monitoring and investigation of sexual crimes
3. New Secretary of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)
- Anindo Majumdar has been appointed as secretary of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
- Central Vigilance Commission is an apex Indian governmental body created in 1964 to address governmental corruption. Recently, in 2003, the Parliament enacted a law conferring statutory status on the CVC.
1. India-Romania Business Forum
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu has addressed India-Romania Business Forum Meeting in Bucharest, Romania.
- India-Romania annual bilateral trade has risen to US $ 810 million in 2017-18, a 40% increase over last year (USD 575 million).
2. Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India from the USA
- Year 2017 have registered a positive growth of 6.17% over the year 2016.
- The FTAs from USA in India has never declined since the year 2010.
3. Indo-Bangla Pipeline Project
- Narendra Modi and Sheikh Hasina has launched induction of India-Bangladesh Friendship Product Pipeline Project.
- Siliguri, West Bengal and Parbatipur(Dist. Dinajpur Bangladesh).
4. Civilian Honour of Mexico
- Raghupati Singhania has been conferred with ‘Mexican Order of the Aztec Eagle’.
- He is Chairman and MD, JK Tyre and Industries Ltd.
1. Revision of interest rates for Small Savings Schemes
- Savings Deposit :- 4.0%
- Public Provident Fund Scheme :- 8.0%
- Kisan Vikas Patra :- 7.7% (will mature in 112 months)
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme :- 8.5%
- These rates will be effective from 01.10.2018 to 31.12.2018
2. Health Ministry with Dell Inc. and Tata Trusts
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare signed MoUs with the Tata Trusts and Dell Inc.
- The aim is to provide a technological platform for nationwide prevention, control, screening and management program of Non Communicable Diseases
- Dell as technology partner and the Tata Trusts as deployment partner.
3. World Bank Loan Agreement
- India signed a Financing Loan Agreement With World Bank of US$74 million.
- The project is for the Uttrakhand Workforce Development Project (UKWDP).
1. National Sports Awards – 2018
- National Sports Awards are given every year to recognize and reward excellence in sports.
- The awards are presented by the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
2. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna 2018
- S. Mirabai Chanu :- Weightlifting
- Virat Kohli :- Cricket
3. Dronacharya Awards 2018
- Tarak Sinha :- Cricket (Life Time)
- Clarence Lobo :- Hockey (Life Time)
4. Arjuna Awards 2018
- Neeraj Chopra :- Athletics
- Jinson Johnson :- Athletics
- Hima Das :- Athletics
- Smriti Mandhana :- Cricket
- Manpreet Singh :- Hockey
- Manika Batra :- Table Tennis
- G. Sathiyan :- Table Tennis
- Rohan Bopanna :- Tennis
5. Dhyan Chand Award 2018
- Satyadev Prasad :- Archery
- Bharat Kumar Chetri :- Hockey
6. Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar 2018
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited || JSW Sports || Isha Outreach
7. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy 2017-18
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15