Daily Current Affairs 20th-21st June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20th 21st June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20th 21st June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20th 21st June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan
- PM Modi has launched ‘Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan’ to boost livelihood opportunities in rural India.
- The Abhiyaan will be a coordinated effort between 12 different Ministries/Departments.
2. PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbharNidhi (PM SVANidhi)
- Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has signed MoU to engage SIDBI as implementation agency for PM SVANidhi.
- PM SVANidhi for providing affordable Working Capital loan to street vendors.
- SIDBI: Headquarters: Lucknow || Founded: 2 April 1990 || Mohammad Mustafa, (Chairman and Managing Director)
3. India’s first mobile lab for COVID-19 testing
- Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has launched India’s first mobile lab for COVID-19 testing.
- Harsh Vardhan is an Indian Otorhinolaryngologist and the incumbent Minister of Science and Technology, Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Minister of Earth Sciences in the BJP-led NDA government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
1. Victory Day Parade of World War-II
- India will participate in the 75th Victory Day Parade of World War II in Moscow, Russia.
- President of Russia: Vladimir Putin || Capital: Moscow.
1. SARAL Scheme
- ICICI Home Finance has launched SARAL scheme which is an affordable housing loan scheme.
- ICICI Bank: CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. India’s first firm to hit Rs.11 trillion Market Capitalization
- Reliance Industries has became the first Indian company to reach Rs.11 trillion Market Capitalization.
- Reliance Industries: CEO: Mukesh Ambani || Headquarters: Mumbai
2. New Brand Ambassador of JSW Cement
- JSW Cement has roped in Sourav Ganguly and Sunil Chhetri as its brand ambassadors.
- JSW Group: Chairman– Sajjan Jindal || Headquarters– Mumbai
3. British Petroleum in India
- British Petroleum will set up Global Business Service Centre in Pune.
- BP plc is a multinational oil and gas company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s seven oil and gas “supermajors”.
- CEO: Bernard Looney
Science and Technology News
1. SATYABHAMA Portal
- Minister for Coal, Mines and Parliamentary Affairs, Pralhad Joshi has launched ‘Science and Technology Yojana for Aatmanirbhar Bharat in Mining Advancement (SATYABHAMA) R&D Portal.
- It is implemented by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
1. Chairman of National Institute of Public Finance and Policy
- Former RBI Governor Urjit Patel has been appointed as chairman of National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP).
- The National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP) is a centre for research in public economics and policies. Founded in 1976, the institute undertakes research, policy advocacy and capacity building in areas related to public economics.
2. India’s next Ambassador to Zimbabwe
- Vijay Khanduja has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to Zimbabwe.
- Zimbabwe: Capital: Harare || President: Emmerson Mnangagwa || Currencies: United States Dollar
1. World Refugee Day
- World Refugee Day, international observance observed June 20 each year.
- It is dedicated to raising awareness of the situation of refugees throughout the world.
1. Asian Youth Para Games 2021
- Bahrain will host 4th Asian Youth Para Games 2021.
- It is announced by Asian Paralympic Committee (APC).
- Capital: Manama || Currency: Bahraini dinar