Daily Current Affairs 20th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. PM Street Vendor’s Atma Nirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) App
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched the PM Street Vendor’s Atma Nirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) App.
- Aim: To provide affordable working capital loan to street vendors to resume their livelihoods
- Vendors can avail a working capital loan of up to 10,000.
- On timely/ early repayment of the loan, an interest subsidy @ 7% per annum will be credited to the bank accounts of beneficiaries through DBT.
2. One Nation One Ration Card scheme
- One Nation One Ration Card scheme is now enabled in 20 States/UTs.
- Department of Food & Public Distribution to ensure the delivery of food security entitlements to all beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013
- It will be done through Integrated Management of Public Distribution System (IM-PDS)’ in association with all States/UTs.
3. Mukhyamantri Suposhan Yojana
- Chhattisgarh Govt has launched ‘Mukhyamantri Suposhan Yojana’ to combat malnutrition in state.
- Chhattisgarh: Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel || Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
1. UAE’s First Space Mission to Mars
- UAE has launched its first space mission ‘Hope’ to Mars from Japan.
- UAE: Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: UAE Dirham || President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
1. India Ideas Summit 2020
- India Business Council will host India Ideas Summit 2020 on July 22nd.
- Aim: The trends shaping globalization, trade and investment, and the future of work in the COVID-era and beyond.
2. G20 Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors Meeting
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended 3rd G20 Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors Meeting.
- The 3rd G20 Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors Meeting is under the presidency of Saudi Arabia.
1. World Chess Day
- The International Chess Day is celebrated annually on July 20, the day the International Chess Federation was founded, in 1924.
- The idea to celebrate this day as the international chess day was proposed by UNESCO, and it has been celebrated as such since 1966, after it was established by FIDE.
1. C. S. Seshadri passes away
- Indian mathematician C. S. Seshadri has passed away.
- C.S. Seshadri FRS was an eminent Indian mathematician. He was the founder and Director-Emeritus of the Chennai Mathematical Institute, and is known for his work in algebraic geometry. The Seshadri constant is named after him.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Nelson Mandela Prize 2020
- Winner: Marianna Vardinoyannis of Greece || Morissana Kouyate of Guinea
- Nelson Mandela Prize 2020 were announced by General Assembly President Tijjani Muhammad-Bande.
1. Hungarian Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton has won the Hungarian Grand Prix.
- Lewis Hamilton is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula