Daily Current Affairs 20th March 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20th March 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20th March 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20th March 2023 Current affairs test.
1. AFINDEX-23: The Upcoming Africa-India Military Training
- Pune, India will host the 10-day Africa-India Field Training Exercise, known as AFINDEX-23, from March 21 to March 30, 2023, aimed at bolstering military relations between the participating nations.
- Concurrently, the India-Africa Army Chiefs Conclave is scheduled in Pune for March 28-29, 2023.
- The overarching theme of this exercise is “Africa-India Militaries for Regional Unity,” abbreviated as AMRUT.
- A significant component of the exercise will focus on the topic “Humanitarian Mine Actions and Peace Keeping Operations.”
2. 5th Poshan Pakhwada: A Nationwide Nutrition Drive
- The fifth Poshan Pakhwada is set to take place from March 20 to April 3, 2023, coordinated by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. This two-week event will feature a series of activities across the country.
- The 2023 theme is “Nutrition for All: Together Towards a Healthy India.”
- The primary objective is to spotlight the significance of nutrition and advocate for healthier eating habits through community participation and public partnership, termed Jan Andolan and Jan Bhagidari.
- The larger initiative, Poshan Abhiyaan, was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on March 8, 2018, with a holistic approach to nutritional improvement.
3. International Day of Happiness 2023: A Celebration of Joy and Kindness
- March 20 is globally recognized as the International Day of Happiness or World Happiness Day, encouraging individuals to incorporate daily routines that foster happiness and kindness.
- The theme for 2023 is “Be Mindful. Be Grateful. Be Kind.”
- The inception of this day traces back to a resolution (66/281) by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on July 12, 2012, with the first celebration occurring in 2013.
4. World Oral Health Day 2023: Advocating for Dental Wellness
- March 20 also marks World Oral Health Day, a global observance emphasizing the relevance of maintaining oral health.
- The 2023 rallying call is “Be Proud of Your Mouth,” a theme consistently adopted over the past three years.
- The World Dental Federation (FDI) first commemorated this day on September 12, 2007.
- The date also celebrates the birthday of Dr. Charles Godon, the founder of FDI.