Daily Current Affairs 20th September 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 20th September 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 20th September 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 20th September 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Historic Approval of Women Reservation Bill for 33% Parliamentary Seats
- The landmark decision by the Union Cabinet ensures one-third representation for women in the Lok Sabha and state assemblies.
- Aimed at advancing gender equality, these seats will rotate post every general election to ensure impartiality.
- There’s also an emphasis on reserved quotas within this allocation for SCs, STs, and Anglo-Indians to ensure diverse political representation.
2. African Union’s Response to Credit Rating Concerns: A New Agency
- Reacting to perceived prejudiced credit evaluations, the African Union is poised to introduce its indigenous credit ratings agency.
- Operating chiefly within Africa, it will offer a more nuanced understanding of African nations’ lending risks, helping to shape investment strategies.
3. Johannesburg’s Gandhi Walk Makes a Comeback Post-Pandemic
- The treasured annual Gandhi Walk in Lenasia, Johannesburg, marked its 35th edition after a three-year hiatus due to COVID-19.
- Over two thousand attendees reveled in a recreational six-kilometer walk.
- Harivardan Pitamber, bearing a remarkable resemblance to Mahatma Gandhi, added authenticity to the event.
4. Tensions Rise in India-Canada Relations Following Sikh Separatist Controversy
- Canada’s leader, Justin Trudeau, has shed light on potential ties between Indian operatives and a Sikh separatist leader’s assassination in British Columbia.
- This incident has escalated bilateral tensions and fueled speculations online about India’s involvement in overseas fatalities.
5. Upward Trend: OECD Enhances India’s FY24 Growth Prediction to 6.3%
- Citing improved agricultural yields due to favorable climatic conditions, the OECD has upped India’s GDP growth projection for the fiscal year 2024.
- The inflation projection has also been adjusted to 5.3%.
- The report suggests potential policy relaxation in some economies, including India, while advocating caution against inflation.
Schemes and Committees News
6. Empowering Rural Youth: Launch of ‘Skills On Wheels’
- A collaboration between the NSDC and IndusInd Bank, the ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative, was inaugurated by Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla.
- Aiming to boost the employability of rural youth over five years, it places a special emphasis on digital skills for women.
7. Revolutionizing Farming: Three Groundbreaking Initiatives Unveiled
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, along with Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, introduced three pivotal initiatives concentrating on agri-credit and crop insurance.
- These initiatives aim to leverage technology, ensuring financial inclusion and offering data-driven insights to farmers.
8. MoU Between IREDA and Bank Of Maharashtra Bolsters Green Financing
- To support renewable energy, IREDA has partnered with the Bank of Maharashtra.
- This alliance underscores the importance of collaborative efforts between government entities and financial institutions to achieve India’s Net Zero emissions goal by 2070.
Summits and Conferences News
9. 14th World Spice Congress: An Ode to India’s Spice Legacy
- Hosted in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, the World Spice Congress, organized by Spices Board India, celebrates India’s unique spice cultivation.
- The event aims to facilitate global trade of these indigenous spices.
10. Extension for HDFC Bank’s Jagdishan by RBI
- The RBI has extended Sashidhar Jagdishan’s tenure as the CEO of HDFC Bank for three more years.
- This follows the merger of HDFC Ltd with HDFC Bank, solidifying its status as one of India’s most dominant banking entities.
11. Cricketer Deepak Chahar Dives into Sports Equipment with ‘DNINE Sports’
- Deepak Chahar introduces DNINE Sports, a new venture in sports gear.
- The brand aims to cater to athletes with a comprehensive range of products.
12. Adidas Unveils Team India’s ICC World Cup 2023 Jersey
- Adidas, the official kit sponsor for Team India, has showcased the team’s jersey for the upcoming ICC World Cup 2023.
- The redesigned jersey honors India’s national colors and commemorates the country’s World Cup victories in 1983 and 2011.