Daily Current Affairs 21st-22nd March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21st-22nd March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21st-22nd March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21st-22nd March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. National Technical Textile Mission
- Indian Government has approved the setting up of National Technical Textiles Mission with an outlay of Rs. 1480 crores.
- Aim: The development in usage of technical textiles in various flagship missions as well as programmes of the country.
- Union Minister of Textiles: SmritiZubinIrani.
1. Virtual G20 Leaders Summit
- Saudi Arabia will convene a virtual summit bringing together the leaders from the Group G20 to address the coronavirus pandemic.
- Saudi Arabia: Capital- Riyadh || Currency- Saudi riyal
1. DBS Bank with Bharti AXA
- DBS Bank and Bharti AXA have teamed up for plans covering Covid-19.
- DBS Bank is a Singaporean multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3, Marina Bay, Singapore.
- CEO: Piyush Gupta || Headquarters: Singapore
- Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and Axa business Group that operates in India. Bharti Enterprises shares 51% stake in the venture while Axa Group shares 49% stake. The company offers general insurance products to retail and commercial clients.
- MD & CEO of Bharti Axa: Sanjeev Srinivasan.
2. RBI to inject liquidity into market
- RBI will inject liquidity of Rs 30000 crore through open market operations to maintain financial stability in the system in the wake of COVID-19.
- An open market operation is an activity by a central bank to give liquidity in its currency to a bank or a group of banks.
1. Fiscal Consolidation Road-map
- The Chairman of the 15th Finance Commission has constituted a Committee to review the Fiscal Consolidation Road-map of the General Government.
- The Committee will be chaired by Chairman N K Singh.
- The Committee will be a team from National Institute of Public Finance & Policy, New Delhi.
2. Swavalamban Express
- SIDBI will start Swavalamban Express in June 2020 for budding entrepreneurs.
- The focus is on promotion, financing and development of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs)
- Small industrial Development Bank of India is a development financial institution in India, headquartered at Lucknow and having its offices all over the country.
- Headquarters location: Lucknow || Founded: 2 April 1990 || Agency executive: : Mohammad Mustafa, (Chairman and Managing Director)
1. Book ‘Messiah Modi: A Tale of Great Expectations’
- Book ‘Messiah Modi: A Great Tale of Expectations’ is authored by senior journalist & author Tavleen Singh.
- The Book talks about helpless dissatisfaction with Narendra Modi.
1. International Day of Forests
- The International Day of Forests was established on the 21st day of March, by resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on November 28, 2012.
- Theme: ‘Forests and Biodiversity’.
2. World Poetry Day
- World Poetry Day is celebrated on 21 March, and was declared by UNESCO in 1999.
- “with the aim of supporting linguistic diversity through poetic expression and increasing the opportunity for endangered languages to be heard”.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Ministry of Defence with Israel Weapons Industries
- Ministry of Defence has signed a contract of worth Rs 880 crore with Israel Weapons Industries for the procurement of Light Machine Gun (LMGs).
- Israel, a Middle Eastern country on the Mediterranean Sea, is regarded by Jews, Christians and Muslims as the biblical Holy Land. Its most sacred sites are in Jerusalem.
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu || Capital: Jerusalem || Currency: Israeli Shekel
1. Olympic flame
- The Olympic Flame was handed over to Tokyo 2020 organizers after the Greece leg of torch relay suspended due to the COVID-19
- The 2020 Summer Olympics, officially the Games of the XXXII Olympiad and commonly known as Tokyo 2020, is an upcoming international multi-sport event originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020 in Tokyo, Japan, with preliminary events in some sports beginning on 22 July.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,21st-22nd March