Daily Current Affairs 21 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Impeachment motion against CJI
- In a first of its kind, Congress with 6 other opposition parties submitted an impeachment motion against CJI Dipak Misra.
- This comes after Dipak Misra-led bench dismissed petitions in Justice Loya’s death.
2. Death penalty for rapists of kids aged below 12
- This comes after the Centre told SC that there needs to be an amendment to the existing law.
- The existing punishment is life imprisonment.
3. Maharashtra to install plastic crushing machines
- The govt will install 2500 plastic bottle crushing machines in all public places.
- Recently, the state govt lifted ban on sale of small plastic bottles.
4. 5-day heat wave expected across India
- The IMD forecasted heat waves thunderstorms and dust storms across the country.
- Heat waves are predicted in Telangana, J&K and Uttarakhand.
1. World War II bomb diffused in Germany
- The 500-kg bomb was found in central Berlin at a construction site.
- Around 2000 tonnes of live bombs are found in Germany every year.
2. UK Prince to be Commonwealth head
- Prince Charles will succeed his mother Queen Elizabeth II as the head of the Commonwealth.
- The position was held by the Queen since 66 years.
3. Air strike in Yemen
- The air strike was carried up by Syria-led coalition and killed 20 people.
- Civil war in Yemen is going on since 3 years and has killed 10,000 civilians.
4. Iraq resumes payments to Kuwait
- The payments are for reparation of damages caused during Gulf War.
- Iraq still has to pay $4.5 bn to Kuwait.
1. SBI allows cash withdrawal at Point of Sale Terminals
- SBI has 6 lakh PoS machines of which 5 lakh are configured to dispense cash.
- Rs.1000 can be withdrawn in tier 1 & 2 cities and Rs.2000 in tier 3 to 6 cities.
2. Bangalore is the top city for expansion
- It is the most preferred city for business expansion.
- There are very limited growth plans in Mumbai and Delhi NCR.
3. Amazon added significant jobs in 2017
- Amazon added 1.3 lakh direct jobs in 2017.
- The giant now has an employee base of 5.6 lakh.
4. TCS shares jump 6.98%
- The IT firm added Rs.42,000 to its market capitalisation.
- The current market capitalization of TCS is Rs.6.56 tn.
1. Manika Batra recommended for Arjuna award
- India’s Table Tennis player Manika had won 4 medals at the CWG 2018.
- She will next represent India at the World Team Championships in Sweden.
2. CSK defeat RR by 64 runs
- CSK is on top of IPL table with better net run rate.
- Shane Watson’s century helped the team reach a score of 204.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15