Daily Current Affairs 21 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Bhopal Gas Tragedy
- Acc. to a UN Report, The 1984 Bhopal Gas Tragedy is among the world’s “major industrial accidents” of the 20th century.
- The Bhopal disaster, also referred to as the Bhopal gas tragedy, was a gas leak incident on the night of 2–3 December 1984 at the Union Carbide India Limited pesticide plant in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is considered to be the world’s worst industrial disaster.
- Dates: 2 Dec 1984 – 3 Dec 1984 || Cause: Methyl Isocyanate leak from Union Carbide India Limited plant || Location: Bhopal
2. Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant Award
- Sunil Kumar Gautam was honoured with ‘Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant Award‘ for 2018-19 for his book titled ‘Samvidhan Kavya‘.
- It was awarded by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant was an Indian freedom fighter and one of the architects of modern India. Alongside Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Vallabh Bhai Patel, Pant was a key figure in the movement for India’s Independence and later a pivotal figure in the Indian Government.
3. National Civil Service Day
- National Civil Service Day is observed every year on April 21.
- It is organized by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances and Pensions.
- The purpose for this day is to rededicate and recommit themselves to the cause of the people. It is observed by all Civil Services.
1. Kim Jong-un to visit Russia
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un will visit Russia for the first meeting with President Vladimir Putin.
- North Korea, officially the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, is a country in East Asia constituting the northern part of the Korean Peninsula, with Pyongyang the capital and the largest city in the country.
- Capital: Pyongyang || Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un || Currency: North Korean won
2. UN Medal of Honour
- A total of 150 Indian peacekeepers serving with the UN Mission in South Sudan have awarded ‘UN Medal of Honour’.
- The most common United Nations medal is the standard UN decoration known simply as the United Nations Medal. Most countries bestow this award for any action in which a member of the military participated in a joint UN activity.
3. Mali’s Prime Minister resigns
- Mali’s Prime Minister Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga has resigned along with his government.
- Mali, officially the Republic of Mali, is a landlocked country in West Africa, a region geologically identified with the West African Craton.
- Prime minister: Soumeylou Boubèye Maïga || Capital: Bamako || President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
4. International Fleet Review (IFR)
- The Indian Navy has participated in International Fleet Review (IFR) in Qingdao, China.
- The International Fleet Review is a parade of naval ships, aircraft and submarines.
- The Indian Navy was represented by INS Kolkata and fleet support ship INS Shakti.
- INS Kolkata is the lead ship of the Kolkata-class stealth guided-missile destroyers of the Indian Navy. She was constructed at Mazagon Dock Limited, and was handed over to the navy on 10 July 2014 after completing its sea trials.
1. RBI’s EMV mandate
- Canara Bank has become the first public sector bank in India to meet RBI’s EMV mandate
- Canara Bank has rolled out new functionality to support EMV card acquiring across its ATM network and Aadhaar Authentication.
- EMV stands for Europay, MasterCard, Visa, the three Organisations that developed and established EMV as the global standard for chip-based credit and debit transactions. The EMV standard helps to maximise security and global interoperability so that Visa cards can continue to be accepted around the world.
- Canara Bank is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India. It is headquartered in Bengaluru. It was established at Mangalore in 1906 by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. It is one of the oldest public sector banks in the country. The government nationalized the bank in 1969.
2. Asian Tea Alliance
- The Asian Tea Alliance (ATA) was launched in Guizhou in China.
- The members of alliance are the Indian Tea Association, China Tea Marketing Association, Indonesian Tea Marketing Association, Sri Lanka Tea Board and Japan Tea Association.
- Asian Tea Alliance (ATA), a union of five tea-growing and consuming countries (India, China, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Japan).
3. Tata Technologies with FutureMove Automotive
- Tata Technologies and FutureMove Automotive have signed an MoU to develop connected mobility solutions for automotive manufacturers in China and other markets.
- Tata Technologies Limited is a company in the Tata Group that provides services in engineering and design, product lifecycle management, manufacturing, product development, and IT service management to automotive and aerospace original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers. It is a subsidiary of Tata Motors.
- Tata Technologies :- CEO: Warren Harris || Headquarters: Pune || Parent organization: Tata Motors || Founded: 1989
- FutureMove Automotive is a high-tech enterprise focusing on providing service operation and information solution in Connected Vehicle industry.
4. UK Royal Society Honour
- Cipla Chairman Yusuf Hamied has received UK Royal Society Honour.
- Cipla Limited is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology company, headquartered in Mumbai, India. Cipla primarily develops medicines to treat respiratory, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, diabetes, weight control and depression; other medical conditions.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: Umang Vohra || Founder: Khwaja Abdul Hamied
1. Judo Union of Asia general secretary
- Mukesh Kumar was re-elected as general secretary of Asia Judo Union.
- Mukesh Kumar was the chief of former Judo Federation of India
2. World Table Tennis Championships 2019
- The 2019 World Table Tennis Championships has started in Budapest, Hungary from 21 to 28 April, 2019. It will be the 55th edition of the championships.
- The World Table Tennis Championships have been held since 1926, biennially since 1957. Five individual events, which include men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s double and mixed doubles, are currently held in odd numbered years.
3. 2019 World Aquatics Championships
- The 2019 World Aquatics Championships — 18th FINA World Aquatics Championships will be held in Gwangju, South Korea in the summer of 2019.
- It will host the swimming and diving competitions, and there will be two adjacent outdoor temporary venues for synchronised swimming and water polo.
- South Korea, an East Asian nation on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula, shares one of the world’s most heavily militarized borders with North Korea.
- President: Moon Jae-in || Capital: Seoul || Currency: South Korean won || Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,21 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30