Daily Current Affairs 21 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Central Equipment Identity Register
- Ministry of Communications has rolled out a Central Equipment Identity Register, a database of International Mobile Equipment Identity.
- It will help people track their stolen mobile phones.
- IMEI is a 15 digit number, usually unique, to identify 3GPP and iDEN mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones.
- Ministry of Communications was carved out of Ministry of Communications and Information Technology on 19 July 2016. It consists of two departments viz. Department of Telecommunications and Department of Posts.
2. Bharatmala Project
- The construction or upgradation of about 35000 KMs of national highways are to be undertaken by 2022 under the ‘Bharatmala Project’.
- Bharatmala Pariyojana is a centrally-sponsored and funded road and highways project of the Government of India.
- Ministry: Ministry of Road Transport and Highways || Established: 31 July 2015 || Key people: Nitin Gadkari
- The Sagarmala Programme is an initiative by the government of India to enhance the performance of the country’s logistics sector. The programme envisages unlocking the potential of waterways and the coastline to minimize infrastructural investments required to meet these targets.
3. Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project
- Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project [KLIP] is a multi-purpose irrigation project on the Godavari River in Kaleshwaram, Bhoopalpally, Telangana, India.
- It was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Telangana Chandrashekar Rao.
- Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project is world’s largest multi-stage lift irrigation project.
- Kolhapurichappal has got Geographic Indication (GI) Tag.
- A Geographical Indication (GI) tag is a name or sign used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess qualities or a reputation of that origin. It is used for agricultural, natural and manufactured goods having a special quality and reputation.
- Darjeeling Tea was the first Indian product to get the geographical indication tag. In 2004, the famous beverage got the recognition.
1. World Music Day
- World Music Day, is an annual music celebration that takes place on 21 June. On Music Day the citizens of a city or country are allowed and urged to play music outside in their neighbourhoods or in public spaces and parks.
- It was proposed by American artist Joel Cohen in 1976.
2. International Film Festival of Bangladesh
- The first International Film Festival of Bangladesh has inaugurated at Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy, Dhaka.
- Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka || Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
3. International Yoga Day
- International Day of Yoga, or commonly and unofficially referred to as Yoga Day, is celebrated annually on 21 June since its inception in 2015.
- An international day for yoga was declared unanimously by the United Nations General Assembly. Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice originated in India.
- Theme :- Yoga for Heart
1. HDFC with Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- HDFC has acquired entire 50.8% stake of Apollo Hospital in Apollo Munich Health Insurance.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Ltd. is a private sector health insurance company in India. Founded on 8 August 2007, it was a joint venture between the Apollo Hospitals group and Munich Health, one of the three business segments of Munich Re; a leading reinsurance company based in Germany.
- HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
2. Innovation for Sustainable Development Award of Commonwealth Secretary-General
- Indian Engineer Nitesh Kumar Jangir has won Innovation for Sustainable Development Award 2019 of Commonwealth Secretary-General in London
- He developed a low-cost breathing support device ‘Saans’ for premature babies.
3. NPCI with Telangana
- NPCI has tied up with Telangana Government for MeeSeva services.
- The MeeSeva portal of Telangana Government offers over 150 government services
- The National Payments Corporation of India is an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || COO: Ms. Praveena Rai || Founded: 2008 || CTO: Dr. N. Rajendran || Chief digital officer: Mr. Arif Khan || Founders: Reserve Bank of India, Indian Banks’ Association
4. IDBI Bank with Tata AIG
- IDBI Bank has signed a bancassurance agreement with Tata AIG.
- Industrial Development Bank of India was established in 1964 by an Act to provide credit and other financial facilities for the development of the fledgling Indian industry. Initially it operated as a subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India RBI transferred it to GOI.
- Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is an Indian general insurance company and a joint venture between the Tata Group and American International Group. Tata Group holds a 51 percent stake in the insurance venture with AIG holding the balance of 49 percent.
1. Sub-Junior Girls’ National Football Championship
- Jharkhand has defeated Arunachal Pradesh to win Sub-Junior Girls’ National Football Championship.
- Jharkhand :- Capital: Ranchi || Chief minister: Raghubar Das
- Arunachal Pradesh :- Capital: Itanagar || Chief minister: Pema Khandu
2. Sanctions on Indian Olympic Association
- International Olympic Committee has lifted its sanctions imposed on Indian Olympic Association from hosting international sports events.
- The sanctions was imposed because Pakistan shooters were denied visa by Indian government for participation in ISSF Shooting World Cup 2019 after Pulwama attack.
- IOC:- President: Thomas Bach || Director General: Christophe De Kepper || Founded: 23 June 1894, Paris, France
- The Indian Olympic Association is the body responsible for selecting athletes to represent India at the Olympic Games, Asian Games and other international athletic meets and for managing the Indian teams at these events.
- IOA :- President: Narinder Dhruv Batra || Secretary General: Rajeev Mehta || Founded: 1927 || Recognized: 1927 || Founders: Harry Buck, Arthur Noehren || Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,21 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30