Daily Current Affairs 21 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. India’s Child Mortality Rate
- In 2015, At 47.8 deaths per 1,000 live births
- In 2015, India had more deaths among children under five than any other country.
- The highest mortality rate is in Assam.
- The study is published in the journal Lancet Global Health.
2. SCO Foreign Minister Meet
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will attend SCO Foreign Minister’s meet in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
- After Pulwama terror attack and Balakot airstrikes, It is the first time Indian and Pakistani Foreign Ministers will together attend a ministerial meeting
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, or Shanghai Pact, is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai, China
- Headquarters: Beijing, China || Founded: 26 April 1996 || Secretary General: Vladimir Norov || Official language: Chinese and Russian || Founders: China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan
3. 2019 UN Sasakawa Award for Disaster Reduction
- Dr PK Mishra has been conferred the 2019 UN Sasakawa Award for Disaster Reduction by the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Pramod Kumar Mishra, often abbreviated to as PK Mishra, is a re-employed 1972 batch IAS officer belonging to Gujarat cadre.
- He currently is the Additional Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi.
1. International Day for Biological Diversity
- The International Day for Biological Diversity is a United Nations–sanctioned international day for the promotion of biodiversity issues. It is currently held on May 22.
- The International Day for Biological Diversity falls within the scope of the UN Post-2015 Development Agenda’s Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) Meeting
- A meeting for the development of Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline held in Turkmenistan.
- The Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakistan–India Pipeline, also known as Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline, is a natural gas pipeline being developed by the Galkynysh – TAPI Pipeline Company Limited with participation of the Asian Development Bank.
- Length: 1,814 km || Runs alongside: Kandahar–Herat Highway || Partner: Türkmengaz
- General direction: north–south || Passes throughs: Herat, Kandahar, Quetta, Multan
3. World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
- UAE celebrates World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development on 21st May.
- The aim is to highlight its efforts in promoting tolerance and cultural diversity.
- UAE’s declaration of 2019 as the Year for Tolerance.
4. 2019 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award
- US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was honoured with the 2019 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award.
- John F. Kennedy was an American politician who served as the 35th president of the United States from January 1961 until his assassination in November 1963.
1. Board of Yes Bank
- RBI has appointed former deputy governor Rama Subramaniam Gandhi as an additional director on the board of Yes Bank.
- Yes Bank Limited is India’s fourth largest private sector bank, founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapur in 2004. It primarily operates as a corporate bank, with retail banking and also asset management as subsidiary functions.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Founder: Rana Kapoor
2. BSNL with Google
- BSNL has partnered with Google for expanding WiFi footprint in India.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited :- Headquarter: New Delhi || CEO: Anupam Shrivastava
- The MoU was singed on the occasion of World Telecom Day (May 17).
3. ‘Annual Threat Report 2019’
- The ‘Annual Threat Report 2019’ was released by Quick Heal Security Labs
- The most vulnerable cities (India) to cyberattacks in 2019
- 1. Mumbai
- 2. Delhi
- 3. Bengaluru
- The top three states at most risk
- 1. Maharashtra
- 2. Delhi
- 3. West Bengal
4. First Indian State in Masala Bond Market
- Kerala has become first indian state to tap into masala bond market.
- Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB)’s masala bond worth of USD 312 million in London Stock Exchange’s International Securities Market.
- Masala bonds. Masala bonds are bonds issued outside India but denominated in Indian Rupees, rather than the local currency.
1. India Open International Boxing tournament
- The 2nd Edition of India Open International Boxing tournament has begun in Guwahati.
- Assam Education Minister Siddhartha Bhattacharya has inaugurated the event.
- Capital: Dispur || Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal || Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
2. ICC commentary panel for World Cup 2019
- Sourav Ganguly, Sanjay Manjrekar, and Harsha Bhogle are inducted in the ICC commentary panel for World Cup 2019
- The ICC Cricket World Cup is the international championship of One Day International cricket. The event is organised by the sport’s governing body, the International Cricket Council, every four years, with preliminary qualification rounds leading up to a finals tournament.
- The 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup is the 12th edition of the Cricket World Cup, scheduled to be hosted by England and Wales, from 30 May to 14 July 2019.
3. First-ever female referee team to Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Cup
- Asian Football Confederation has inducted its first-ever female referee team to officiate Men’s AFC Cup match.
- Three Japanese referees, Yoshimi Yamashita and assistants Makoto Bozono and Naomi Teshirogi.
- The Asian Football Confederation is the governing body of association football in Asia and Australia.
- President: Salman Bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa || Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31