Daily Current Affairs 21 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2018
- Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) will be conferred Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2018
- CSE is chosen for its work in environmental education and protection.
2. AirSewa 2.0 portal
- Ministry of Civil Aviation has inducted the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app.
- The aim is to have superior user experience.
3. New Coal Secretary
- Sumanta Chaudhuri has been appointed as the new Coal Secretary.
- He has replaced Inder Jit Singh.
- Chennai airport bagged the champion award for achieving 100% timely closure of grievances in one year.
4. World Bank with Jharkhand
- India with Govt. of Jharkhand and World Bank have signed a Loan Agreement of worth $310 million for Jharkhand Power System Improvement Project.
- World Bank President: Jim Yong Kim, Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States.
1. Exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’
- Military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ is the joint military exercise between India and USA, has commenced in Rajasthan
- It has started at Mahajan Field Firing Range (MFFR), Bikaner Rajasthan.
2. Global Education Monitoring Report 2019
- Global Education Monitoring Report 2019 has been released by UNESCO.
- Acc. to report, Number of migrant and refugee school-age children has grown by 26% since Year 2000 and could fill 0.5 million classrooms.
3. Universal Children’s Day
- Universal Children’s Day is observed on November 20.
- On this day, In 1959 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child.
- Theme :- ‘Children are taking over and turning the world blue’
4. Maldives to rejoin Commonwealth
- Maldives will rejoin the Commonwealth Group of former British colonies after a two-years of absence.
- This is announced by The New President of the Maldives Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
1. Fortune Business Person of the Year 2018 list
- Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen is in Fortune Business Person of the Year 2018 list.
- He was ranked 12th on the list. The list is topped by Tricia Griffith, CEO Progressive (Insurance Company).
2. RIL Jio with KDDI Corporation
- An Agreement has signed to launch Voice over Long Term Evolution (VoLTE)-based inbound international roaming between India and Japan.
- Reliance Jio Info-com Limited, d/b/a Jio, is an Indian mobile network operator. Owned by Reliance Industries and headquartered in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, it operates a national LTE network with coverage across all 22 telecom circles.
3. Global Talent Ranking
- ‘Global Talent Ranking’ has been released by IMD Business School Switzerland.
- India is ranked on 53th position.
- Switzerland has topped the ranking, is followed by Denmark, Norway, Austria and the Netherlands in top-five.
4. NSE goBID
- NSE has launched a Mobile App and web-based portal for retail investors to buy Govt. Securities (G-sec).
- The name of App is NSE goBID, was launched by SEBI chairman Ajay Tyagi.
1. Four Medals in Women’s World Championships
- MC Marry Kom, Lovlina Borgohain, Sonia Chahal and Simranjit Kaur are in the semi-finals of Women’s World Championships.
- The 2018 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships is being held at KD Jadav Indoor Stadium at New Delhi.
2. Yonex-Sunrise Hong Kong Open 2018
- Men’s Singles :- Son Wan Ho (South Korea)
- Women’s Singles :- Nozomi Okuhara (Japan)
3. Oldest European International Goalkeeper (football)
- Georgi Petkov has become the oldest European international goalkeeper.
- Georgi Petkov is a Bulgarian football goalkeeper who plays for and captains Slavia Sofia. Petkov has played for Bulgarian national team since 1998 as a backup to Zdravko Zdravkov and Dimitar Ivankov and has now made an appearance for the Bulgarian national team at the age of 42.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15