Daily Current Affairs 21 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Tatpar’ App
- Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal has launched ‘Tatpar’ App which is developed by Delhi Police.
- It is a one-stop destination for access to over 50 citizen-centric services.
2. National Water Museum
- Jal Shakti Ministry is planning to develop a National Water Museum to increase awareness on conservation of the natural resource.
- Minister of Jal Shakti: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
3. Telangana’s Year of Artificial Intelligence
- Telangana Government has decided to declare 2020 as Year of Artificial Intelligence.
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan || Founded: 2 June 2014 || Capital: Hyderabad || Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
4. IIFA 2019 full winners list
- Best Film – Raazi
- Best Story – Andhadhun
- Best Actor (Female) – Alia Bhatt for Raazi
- Best Actor (Male) – Ranveer Singh for Padmaavat
- Best Director – Sriram Raghavan for Andhadhun
- Best Supporting Actor (Female) – Aditi Rao Hydari for Padmaavat
- Best Supporting Actor (Male) – Vicky Kaushal for Sanju
- Best Debut Actor (Female) – Sara Ali Khan for Kedarnath
- Best Debut Actor (Male) – Ishaan Khatter for Dhadak
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Legendary actor and comedian, Jagdeep
- 20 Years Best Actor (Female) – Deepika Padukone
- 20 Years Best Actor (Male) – Ranbir Kapoor.
- Best music in the last 20 years – Pritam
- Outstanding performance by a director in last 20 years – Rajkumar Hirani for Sanju
- Best film of the past 20 years – Kaho Na Pyaar Hai
- Best Lyrics – Amitabh Bhattacharya for Dhadak
- Best Playback Singer (Male) – Arijit Singh for Ae Watan from Raazi
- Best Playback Singer (Female) – Harshdeep Kaur and Vibha Saraf for Dilbaro from Raazi
- Best Music – Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety
- The International Indian Film Academy Awards (also known as the IIFA Awards) are a set of awards presented annually by the International Indian Film Academy to honour both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in Bollywood, the Hindi language film industry.
5. Exercise ‘Chang Thang’
- Indian Army has conducted exercise ‘Chang Thang’ in Eastern Ladakh bordering China.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
- Motto: “Service Before Self” || Founded: 1 April 1895, India || Headquarters: New Delhi
1. Education Excellence Award 2019
- Super 30 founder and Mathematician Anand Kumar has been awarded with Education Excellence Award 2019.
- Education Excellence Award is awarded by Foundation For Excellence.
- The Foundation for Excellence is a publicly supported, non-profit organization. FFE’s focus is to provide funds for higher education to students in India who are academically gifted and from very low-income families.
2. International Migrant Stock 2019
- International Migrant Stock 2019 is released by ‘Population Division’ of UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
- India is the leading country of origin of International Migrants in 2019 with a 17.5 million strong diaspora.
- 2. Mexico with the second largest diaspora of 11.8 million.
- 3. China with the third largest diaspora of 10.7 million.
3. President of Mongolia in India
- President of Mongolia Khaltmaagiin Battulga has arrived in India which makes the first visit by a Mongolian President to India in last 10 years.
- President: Khaltmaagiin Battulga || Capital: Ulaanbaatar || Currency: Mongolian tögrög
1. Ola with Ayushman Bharat
- Ola has partnered with Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana to extend the welfare to its cab drivers.
- Ola Cabs, is an Indian transportation network company offering services that include peer-to-peer ridesharing, ride service hailing, taxi and food delivery. The company is based in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India and was developed by ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Co-Founder and CEO of Ola: Bhavish Aggarwal || Headquarters: Bengaluru
2. Chief of the Indian Air Force
- Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria will be the next Chief of Air Staff replacing B.S. Dhanoa on 30th September.
- Indian Air Force was founded on 08th October 1932.
3. Tata Communications with CISCO
- Tata Communications has partnered with Cisco to offer enterprises for cloud-based Cisco Webex Contact Center solution.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in San Jose, California, in the center of Silicon Valley. Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products.
- CISCO: CEO: Chuck Robbins || Headquarters: San Jose, California
- Tata Communications, formerly called VSNL Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited, is an Indian telecommunications company. It’s part of the Tata Group. Tata’s communications network spans more than 500,000 km of subsea fibre and more than 210,000 km of terrestrial fibre.
- CEO: Amur Swaminathan Lakshminarayanan || Headquarters: Mumbai
4. ‘Bharosa’ Savings Account
- Airtel Payments Bank has launched ‘Bharosa’ Savings Account for financial inclusion in India.
- A Rs 5 lakh personal accident insurance on maintaining the balance of Rs 500 along with one debit transaction per month.
- Airtel Payments Bank is a public limited company with its headquarters in New Delhi, India. The company is a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel. It is the first company in India to receive a payments bank license from the Reserve Bank of India and it became the first live payments bank in the country.
- MD & CEO of Airtel Payments Bank: Anubrata Biswas.
1. Cricket and Sports Academy for Leh
- Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs Anurag Thakur announced that Cricket and Sports Academy for Leh, Ladakh will be set up.
- Leh, a high-desert city in the Himalayas, is the capital of the Leh region in northern India’s Jammu and Kashmir state.
2. 2019 Laver Cup
- The 2019 Laver Cup will be the third edition of the Laver Cup, a men’s tennis tournament between teams from Europe and the rest of the world.
- It will be held on indoor hard courts at the Palexpo in Geneva, Switzerland from 20 until 22 September.
- In May 2019, the Laver Cup became an officially sanctioned ATP Tour event.
3. Ballon d’Or Goalkeeper Award
- Ballon d’Or organisers ‘France Football magazine’ has introduced Ballon d’Or Goalkeeper Award named after Lev Yashin of Soviet international.
- Lev Ivanovich Yashin, nicknamed the “Black Spider” or the “Black Panther”, was a Soviet professional footballer, considered by many as the greatest goalkeeper in the history of the sport.
- In 1963, Yashin received the Ballon d’Or, the only goalkeeper ever to receive the award.
- The Ballon d’Or is an annual football award presented by France Football. It has been awarded since 1956, although between 2010 and 2015, an agreement was made with FIFA and the award was temporarily merged with the FIFA World Player of the Year, and known as the FIFA Ballon d’Or.
4. Paralympic and Olympic mascots unveiled
- 2022 Winter Olympics mascot: Bing DwenDwen, a chubby giant Panda.
- 2022 Winter Paralympics: Chinese lantern ShueyRhonRhon
- 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics will be held in Beijing, China.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30