Daily Current Affairs 21 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Important data from Chandrayaan-I
- Data from Chandrayaan-I confirmed presence of frozen water deposits in the darkest and coldest parts of the Moon’s polar regions.
- Chandrayaan-1 was India’s first lunar probe. It was launched by the Indian Space Research Organisation in October 2008, and operated until August 2009. The mission included a lunar orbiter and an impactor.
2. National Nutrition Month
- According to Women and Child Development Ministry, September 2018 will be observed as the National Nutrition Month.
- The intensive campaign ‘Har Ghar Poshan’ is with an aim of reaching every household.
3. Committee to review Food Labelling Standards
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India has inducted B Sesikeran Committee to review ‘Food Labelling Standards’.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
4. Ambassador of India to the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe
- Srikumar Menon has appointed as next Ambassador to the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe.
- São Tomé and Príncipe, an African island nation close to the equator, is part of a volcano chain featuring striking rock and coral formations, rainforests and beaches.
1. International Buddhist Conclave 2018
- President Kovind will inaugurate ‘International Buddhist Conclave 2018’ on 23rd August, 2018
- Ministry of Tourism will launch website landofbuddha.in and a new film showcasing the Buddhist sites in the country. There will be visit of delegates to Aurangabad, Rajgir, Nalanda, Bodhgaya and Sarnath.
2. Panini Language Lab
- EAM Sushma Swaraj inaugurated Panini Language Lab in Mauritius.
- This Lab is opened at Mahatma Gandhi Institute in Mauritius.
3. World Mosquito Day
- World Mosquito Day was observed on 20th August.
- It is to honour in the memory of British Doctor Sir Ronald Ross’s discovery in 1897 that female mosquitos transmit Malaria between humans.
4. WHO World No Tobacco Day 2017 Award
- SK Arora has awarded WHO World No Tobacco Day 2017 Award.
- World No Tobacco Day is observed 31 May.
1. World’s largest ‘Current Account Surplus’
- Germany has largest ‘Current Account Surplus’ in 2018, followed by Japan.
- United States has remained country with the largest current account deficit.
2. All India Rural Financial Inclusion Survey
- NABARD has conducted NABARD All India Financial Inclusion Survey (NAFIS) which has data related to agricultural households.
- This Survey was released by Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog.
- Acc. to the survey, farmers’ income grew at a compounded growth rate of 12% per annum compared to Rs 77,112 per annum as per NSSO assessment.
3. New Director of Indiabulls Housing Finance
- SS Mundra has been appointed Independent Director of Indiabulls Housing Finance
- Previously he was chairman of Bank of Baroda and an executive director at Union Bank of India.
1. Asian Games 2018
- Vinesh Phogat has become first Indian woman wrestler to win A Gold in 50 kilogram women’s Freestyle category.
- Saurabh(16-yr-old) bagged India’s 1st shooting gold.
2. Marco Villiger has resigned
- FIFA’s legal chief Marco Villiger will be leaving Governing Body of FIFA.
- About FIFA:- President: Gianni Infantino || Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland || Founded: 21 May 1904, Rue Saint-Honoré, Paris, France
3. Sepak takraw Games:India’s First ever Medal
- Sepak takraw, or kick volleyball, is a sport native to Southeast Asia. Sepak takraw differs from the similar sport of Footvolley in its use of a rattan ball and only allowing players to use their feet, knee, chest and head to touch the ball.
- India clinch bronze in Sepak takraw at Asian Games.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15