Daily Current Affairs 21 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. UP records highest death in 2016 due to respiratory ailments
- UP recorded highest deaths with 822 deaths due to Acute Respiratory Infections in 2016.
- Total ARI cases shot up from 32.7 mn in 2013 to 40.3 mn in 2016.
2. 4 airports on high alert after bomb threat call
- The high alert lasts till Dec 24 in Delhi, Mumbai, Lucknow and Hyderabad.
- A woman called the Lucknow airport to inform about a passenger who would be travelling with explosives.
3.Justice UD Salvi appointed officiating chief of National Green Tribunal
- The government has appointed Justice U D Salvi as officiating chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) following the superannuation of Justice Swatanter Kumar.
- The selection panel is headed by the Chief Justice of India or his nominee, with other members recommended by or from the Environment Ministry.
4.IGNOU to launch world’s first sand art certificate course in March, 2018
- The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will now help internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarshan Pattnaik’s dream come true by launching world’s first online certificate course in sand art in March, 2018.
- World’s first online certificate course in sand art will be launched by IGNOU in March, 2018. Work has already been started and video lectures have also been prepared.
1. Facebook, Microsoft disabled North Korean cyber threats : US
- The US Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert said Facebook removed accounts and stopped the execution of ongoing attacks.
- He added that Microsoft patched existing attacks including WannaCry ransomware.
2. Bangladesh accuses Pak of conspiring with Rohingya terrorists
- Bangladesh’s Transport Minister accused Pakistan’s ISI of conspiring with the terror groups among the Rohingya refugees.
- Over 6.5 lakh Rohingya Muslims fled to Bangladesh this year to escape ethnic violence in Myanmar.
3.The U.K. Tops Forbes’ Best Countries For Business 2018
- The United Kingdom has topped Forbes’ rankings of best countries in the world for business in 2018 for the first time, up from fifth last year.
- The UK is followed by New Zealand and the Netherlands, while India was ranked 62nd on the list.
4.Trump threatens to cut aid to nations over UN Jerusalem vote
- US President Donald Trump has threatened to cut US financial aid to countries which vote in favour of a resolution rejecting the US’ recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital during the United Nations General Assembly’s meeting on Thursday.
1. Aircel to shut operations in 6 circles from Jan 30
- Aircel will shut operations in Gujarat, MP, Maharashtra etc.,
- Aircel currently offers 2G services to about 4 million users in these 6 circles.
2. Litecoin Founder sells his cryptocurrency after 7,800% rally
- Litecoin’s Founder Charlie Lee said that he sold and donated all of his holdings in Litecoin.
- Litecoin has surged over 7,800% this year to over $340.
3.Parliament passes Companies Amendment Bill by voice vote
- The Bill provides for more than 40 amendments to the Companies Act, 2013, which was passed during the previous UPA regime.
- The bill will strengthen corporate governance standards, initiate strict action against defaulting companies, and help improve the ease of doing business in the country.
4.Burger King franchisee pays ₹1.6cr on child labour violation
- A Burger King franchisee in the US has agreed to pay $250,000 (₹1.6 crore) after investigators found 843 child labour violations in its restaurants in Massachusetts.
- Investigators said the franchisee employed minors who worked too long, too late and without proper work permits.
1. India’s Ekta in both ICC women’s ODI and T20I teams of 2017
- Ekta Bisht was named in both the teams making her the lone cricketer to feature in both the teams.
- Ekta took 34 wickets in 19 ODIs and 11 wickets in 7 T20Is in the period under her consideration.
2. Suresh Raina clears Yo-Yo test ahead of India’s tour of SA
- He cleared the mandatory Yo-Yo test for Team India selection at the National Cricket Academy.
- He last played for India in T20I in Feb had failed in the test and lost a place in Sri Lanka limited-over series.
3.Lionel Messi gets award for best player in La Liga
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi has received La Liga’s top scorer and best player awards for the 2016-2017 football season.
- The Argentine striker scored 37 goals in league action last season to earn his fourth Pichichi award for the most goals in the La Liga and his fifth Alfredo Di Stefano Trophy for the best player.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15