Daily Current Affairs 21 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 21 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 21 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 21 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM)
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs , chaired by PM Modi, has approved the launch of the Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM) Scheme.
- The objective of KUSUM is to provide financial and water security to farmers through harnessing solar energy capacities of 25.75 GW by 2022.
2. Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor
- Govt. has approved the construction of Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut, covering a distance of 82.15 km at a cost of Rs 30274 crore.
- The National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) – a Joint Venture company of Government of India and States of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh is mandated for implementing the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) project across the National Capital Region (NCR), ensuring a balanced and sustainable urban development through better connectivity and access.
3. Virtual Experiential Museum
- PM Modi has inaugurated a Virtual Experiential Museum at Man Mahal in Varanasi.
- Man Mahal is a Historic 1700s observatory under the Archaeological Survey of India attached to a palace, offering views of the Ganges River from its roof.
4. World’s Largest Religious Congregation of Women
- Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala will host Attukal Pongala, world’s largest religious congregation of women.
- Attukal Pongala is a 10-day festival celebrated at the Attukal Temple, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India, during which there is a huge gathering of millions of women on the ninth day.
- These women prepare a divine food made of rice in earthen pots and offer it to the Goddess of the Temple.
1. International Mother Language Day
- International Mother Language Day is a worldwide annual observance held on 21 February to promote awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity and promote multilingualism.
- Theme :- ‘Indigenous Languages as a factor in development, peace and reconciliation’.
2. Saudi Arabia with 100 billion USD Investment in India
- Saudi Arabia will invest 100 billion USD in India in various sectors such as energy, refining, petrochemicals, infrastructure, agriculture and manufacturing.
- King: Salman of Saudi Arabia || Capital: Riyadh || Currency: Saudi riyal
3. 73rd nation to sign ISA
- Saudi Arabia has become the 73rd nation to sign the International Solar Alliance.
- The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of countries initiated by India, most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. Now extended to all members of UN
4. World Day of Social Justice
- The World Day of Social Justice was observed on 20 February.
- Theme :- ‘If You Want Peace and Development, Work for Social Justice’.
- Social Equality Justice day is a day recognizing the need to promote efforts to tackle issues such as poverty, exclusion and unemployment. Many organizations, including the UN, American Library Association, and the International Labour Office, make statements on the importance of social justice for people.
1. 3% hike in Dearness Allowance
- Govt. has approved additional Dearness Allowance of 3% over the existing rate of 9% of the basic pay or pension to Central government employees and pensioners.
- The Dearness Allowance is a cost of living adjustment allowance paid to Government employees, Public sector employees and pensioners in India. Dearness Allowance is calculated as a percentage of an Indian citizen’s basic salary to mitigate the impact of inflation on people.
2. ‘Trip Protector’ insurance policy
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has launched the ‘Trip Protector’ Insurance Policy.
- It will safeguard travellers financially against the cost of cancellation levied by Hotels or Airlines.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd. and ERGO International AG, a Germany-based company that is part of the Munich Re Group. HDFC holds 51 per cent, and ERGO the other 49 per cent.
3. Google’s New Acquisition
- Google has acquired Cloud Data Migration Platform Alooma to grow its cloud business service.
- Alooma is a leading company that helps enterprise customers to streamline database migration in the cloud and move their data from multiple sources to a single data warehouse.
4. Recapitalisation of Rs 48239 crore in 12 PSU Banks
- Government has approved Recapitalisation of Rs 48239 crore in 12 Public Sector Banks.
- Bank recapitalisation means recapitalising banks with new capital to improve their balance sheet. The Government, which is also the biggest shareholder, can infuse capital in banks by either buying new shares or by issuing bonds.
1. ISSF Shooting World Cup
- Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore has inaugurated ISSF World Cup in New Delhi.
- The 2019 ISSF World Cup is the annual edition of the ISSF World Cup in the Olympic shooting events, governed by the International Shooting Sport Federation.
- The World Cup series will be also as the qualification tournaments for the 2020 Olympic Games.
2. 2032 Olympics
- Indonesia has submitted formal bid to host 2032 Olympics.
- The 2032 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXXV Olympiad, are a forthcoming international multi-sport event. The winning bid is to be announced in 2025 at the 140th IOC Session.
- The International Olympic Committee is a non-governmental sports organisation based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Created by Pierre de Coubertin and Demetrios Vikelas in 1894, it is the authority responsible for organising the modern summer and Winter Olympic Games.
3. Nicol David’s Retirement
- Eight-time World Champion Squash Player Nicol David will announce her retirement at the end of the 2018/19 season.
- She is a Malaysian female professional squash player, currently ranked world number 6. Beginning in August 2006, David was the world number one for a record-breaking 108 consecutive months, finally ceding the ranking in September 2015 to Raneem El Weleily.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,21 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27
- Daily Current Affairs: February 28